Monday, March 2, 2009

Montreal the postal black hole of Canada

Yet another parcel of mine is being held hostage in Montreal. It left PEI on February 24 and has been held in Montreal since February 26. I haven't received a ransom note yet but I am expecting it any day. I thought that it was just living up North that made my mail so slow but now think it is simply--Canada Post is S_L_O_W.

Finally had my follow up ultrasound today. It was so uneventful with everything else going on I almost forgot about it. This was a follow up to all the pain I had after the last procedure. No biggie and as far as I know she didn't find any left over sponges, scalpels, etc inside me.

I arrived and left the office in daylight today...whoo hoo. I think I will lose some of that this coming weekend with the time change but I know in the end Spring will come! My cold/sinus issue is still with me and while I feel a bit better everyday the comments from my co-workers would lead me to think otherwise. "You look terrible. You must be sicker." Um, thanks.

I'm chatting on msn with a guy I met on one of these dating sites....I'm not sure how it is going...I'll let you know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

You have the worse luck with the divery of packages. It must be some interesting for it to be held up in Montreal this long. Maybe they wanted a chance to "use it first".

Bad enough to have to go through all the tests you have to go through but to have great a lot of pain for a long time afterward was no bonus. Some people have all the luck.

Hummmm, on line dating. Be double sure all is above board - but I hope you meet the best there is out there as you deserve the best!

Enjoy the sunshine and daylight hours while you can because even if they disappear temporarily with the time change you know they will return.

Edith

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer, I hope by now you have received your parcel from Canada Post! Do they ever have a decent reason as to why things of yours get held up so long?

Glad to hear the ultrasound appointment is over, almost sounds like you were bored. I think "that's a good thing" as some would say.

Sunshine in the morning and evening, sounds pretty nice - good to be able to see where you are going, might help with the one way streets!

On line dating - what can I say without aging myself? I'll be the mom here ... be very very careful! That's all I can say - unless of course, he's a georgeous cowboy or an oil tycoon. I know you will be wise so enjoy the experience.

Take care ... Lori B.