Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Not hard to tell I'm off this week and have time to waste...another blog post!

Dentist appointment went well. I have a filling that needs to be repaired and other than that no issues. The total bill was $472 and change. I ended up paying $2 and change. Thank goodness for a good health plan.

This afternoons eye appointment brought about a change in my life. I'm getting glasses. I have a astigmatism in my left eye...or right eye...either way. I have one. My 20/15 vision has decreased to 20/20 which I can live with...but I was right, there is a change in my vision and I can't see things as well I used to. Which is to say I can no longer read the menu at McDonalds from the back of the restaurant, I now need to be half way to the front to see it clearly. LOL. I made the purchase this afternoon and in 3-5 business days I'll have my new specs. I am to wear them for night time driving, watching tv and being in front of the computer. If I'm out with my friends apparently I don't need to wear them, but generally any other activity that involves watching requires the new specs.

I went a bit nuts with them. They are green metal 1/2 frame. No frame on the bottom. I liked them and the sales clerks said they looked good. And they wouldn't lie?!

I've got some musk ox in the slow cooker right now and will have it for supper tomorrow. Mmmm, musk ox. I brought it back from my last trip up North. It is very yummy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

The cost of your dental appointment blows me away just to have an examination.

Jennifer with eye glasses - you'll have to send us a picture.

Musk ox - don't think so. I don't think I could enjoy eating that.

Edith