Wednesday, March 18, 2009

And another day of not working. I could get used to this...as long as I had a pay cheque coming in.

Headed out for a movie and some shopping. I watched Slumdog Millionaire this afternoon. It was fantastic and I would highly recommend it. I also recommend going to an afternoon matinee. There are no line ups, the theatre is almost empty and it feels like a naughty treat cause you know you should be at work.

Did a tiny bit of shopping for me as well. Got a couple things that I will re-evaluate in the morning. It is always best to evaluate the day after...just in case.

Purolator called today and I need to go pick up my new keyboard at their depot. Whatever happened to them delivering packages???? Oh well, at least it was FAST.

But the best part of the whole day...I found a store near me that sells paneer. Paneer is used in many Indian dishes. This will add a whole new dimension to my Indian cooking and I am quite pleased. I have plans to cook up a whole batch of yummy Indian this weekend and freeze it for my lunches. Yeah me.

Yes, I was feeling pretty good today. I am sorry that it is Wednesday and my week is almost over, but I guess if I want to continue to enjoy my life I need to work. Sigh. Having time off is great...thinking about going back to the office not so good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

So glad to hear that you are feeling so well. Life of liesure sounds good! I agree it's only great if there's a paycheck to go with it though. You are really enjoying your international foods aren't you? I just looked up paneer, so am assuming it's a cheese of some sort - is it spicy?

Enjoy the rest of your time off.

Lori B.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer: You have been the most busy sick person I know. I love hearing about how you spend your day. A nice quiet movie would be so peaceful - like a private showing.

Having time to yourself to do just as you please and getting paid for it could be addicting. It is like a vacation but you are not using vacation days.

You'll have fun with a proper working keyboard again. At least you have time to go to the courier place and pick it up - if you were working that may not have been so easy.

You do love your spicy foods. Cooking up a storm this weekend will save you time in preparing luches and maybe even dinners for a while.

Edith