Friday, March 13, 2009

It's LEEP day! No it isn't a national holiday...maybe I'll lobby for next year. No, today is the day for my procedure.

Check list:
1. flowers all over house check
2. junk food supply at more than adequate levels check
3. nutritious food supply at above normal levels check
4. movies and books for relaxing and chilling check
5. laundry done (not quite a check but it is in progress)
6. taxi booked check
7. couch set up for comfy relaxing and nap check
8. house just messy enough to give cleaners something to do next week check
9. mentally prepared and ready to just be done with this check
10. chicken is dressed and ready to go! check

No doubt I've forgotten something but I think I'm ready to rock. The take out thai is in the fridge...last nights supper was SOOOOOOOOOO good and the leftovers the next couple days will be just as delicious. This is my no cook plan for the weekend!

I plan to follow dr's orders to the letter. No exertion,no lifting, no exercise, etc for 2-4 weeks. I will follow the no exercise one for at least 4 weeks if not 43 weeks. LOL.

I'm off to finish laundry. Next post will be from the couch in my lazy, I'm recouping mode.

********
Everything went smooth. I'm home and hanging on the couch. I'm crampy and a bit sore but otherwise in good humour. If the rest of the recouping goes as well as today then I'm going to have a great week and should be able to do some exploring of the city. Have a great weekend.

3 comments:

Colleen said...

I'm glad things went well. What does chicken wear? Does he have a little winter coat?

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

I hope you are feeling OK and that things went well. Day 1 can sometimes be the hardest, so I hope that the next few days see great improvement for you, without the cramps. You talk about doing some exploring if you're up to it, does that mean no worries from the Dr about driving? I'm not sure how invasive your procedure was.

Enjoy your down time (if your able to!) Hope the Thai food was good to you and not too hard on the tummy! I can smell the curry - yum!! I haven't had it for a while as I enjoy it more than the rest of my family.

Take care and hope to hear that you are better each day ... Lori B.

Just me said...

Chicken has a red scarf he wears when it is cold out. It was warm enough the other day that he didn't need it.

According to the Dr I could have gone back to work that afternoon, but I think that is unreasonable. I am on light duty for a couple weeks, no lifting anything over 10 pounds and nothing resembling exercise!