Monday, March 16, 2009

So much to tell.

First, if you need a pick me up--maid service. Sitting around for 2.5 hours today while watching two people clean my house was terrific. I felt like a real lady of leisure as I watched tv, read my book and generally did nothing as my house got clean. It is sooo sparkly. I highly recommend it and if I can afford to do it I hope to have it done every 6 months (or sooner!).

Two, I have a new favorite show....The Doctors. It is neat. I haven't seen a full episode yet, just a few partial episodes but it is interesting. Four real Dr's talk about health issues and solutions to some problems. I recommend it. I will need to find it in a pm time slot for next week, but this week I'm all over it!

Three, I am still a bit--meh! But no worries. I didn't get a nap today, but I did get out of the house for a walk. I made a couple small purchases had a snack at the Zeller's Restaurant and even made an eye appointment. It was a good day.

Four, the nice young man at the eye place apologized for not being able to take me right then and there, I must wait until tomorrow afternoon. I laughed. On PEI it is close to a year to get an appointment. I didn't have my eyes checked up North so I am not sure what the wait is/would be. I have been lucky thus far to not need to have them checked every year, in fact at my last appointment he said I could go 3 or 5 years before my next appointment. I think my vision has changed some in the past couple years, but not to a great degree--or so I think, guess that will be determined tomorrow. I don't wear glasses but have been told that around 40 my eyes will change and I will likely need them shortly after that. Funny how everything changes at 40!

Five, I had a conversation with the folks at Dell today. I need a new key board. My delete key has popped up and is not working. At least I can work around that until the new keyboard arrives, unlike say the E key or space bar. The computer is still under warranty so the cost to me is zero.

Six, if you see a crime take place what is your obligation to report it? I think if I saw a major crime happen I would definitely call into the police or at least crimestoppers. Today I saw a small theft. Two boys entered the dollar type store near my house and it would appear pocketed a lighter. The sales clerk was watching them closely and I mentioned the lighter to her but I think she has dealt with them before. If you see a minor crime like that would you let someone know? If you get extra change back do you let them know? Or if you didn't check your change until you got home would you return the extra? Hmmm, ethical dilemma.

Seven, I can spend HOURS on the net and not get bored most days. I can always think of something I would like to know more about or something to look up. The smallest things can set me off and hours later I surface to realize that it is supper time and my afternoon is gone. Today I spent some time searching courses being offered in/around Edmonton this Spring.

Eight, I LOVE to read. I'm on book two and a half so far this week. I can't find the half book--and I was really enjoying it. I think it must be under the bed. But I finished the first one and started the second one tonight. I have one more book that I would like to read this week and then I'll need more books! I saw a public library not far from my office that I should check out.

Nine, my flowers are holding up nicely. I have had to dispose of the gerber daisies today and the roses don't look like they will last much longer, but the daisies, carnations and lilies look fabulous.

Ten, Tomorrow is an exciting day...dentist appointment in the am followed by the eye appointment in the pm. I decided that if I am off recuperating I might as well get a few errands done that I would likely continue to put off if I was working. And everything is in a one block radius. Sweet. My medical/dental benefits from work are fantastic. I haven't had to pay for a prescription since getting the plan and it sounds like most if not all of my appointments tomorrow will be covered as well. The whole dental thing is a bit confusing with the set rates and then what the dentist actually charges. I'm hoping my new dentist is reasonable. He is located in the local mall and my neighborhood is far from affluent.

While you have seen these before...I thought a picture might be a nice break from all my blah, blah, blah. Here's a few that have been on my screen lately.


Iqaluit August 2008.


One of the many salesmen I met in India.


The yummy jalapeno peppers that were delivered to me in Pangnirtung.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

Top of the morning to you Jennifer and may you have a great St. Patrick's Day! Let's see, most people would be out drinking green beer and you are going to the dentist and the eye doctor. Well we'll blame it on your "not feeling so well and green beer might not help!"

My sister has been to Italy. I'll check with her for some "hot spots" for you not to miss on a trip there.

Sounds like you are spending your time wisely with tv, internet and reading and movies. That is a great life for a recovering illness.

Continue to heal well and take it easy.

Edith