Monday, March 9, 2009

Apparently I wasn't the only blogger who was feeling less than happy with their Saturday night plans. It was an evening for thinking about all kinds of things. Neither good nor bad. The other bloggers will know what I mean.

It's a Monday. I'm not sure if it was the time change, the mere fact that it was Monday or the horrid staff meeting from last Thursday but I spent the day spinning my wheels and thinking. Thinking about jumping to another ship as a matter of fact. I'm not sure if I will be able to move on from the poisonous office environment I walked into. Certainly people who were not trying before and now trying some to get along with their office mates but I don't know if I can trust that. I give my trust and my heart upon first meeting....once you lose it, it really is tough to get it back.

I'm not going to pack it all in and leave tomorrow. It really would take me a long time to make a decision if/when I do. But there are days when I'm not sure. I LOVE the work, but really the people....ick. Would you want to work for 8 hours a day with people you don't trust?

New topic.

I went into my bedroom this evening and saw chicken laying on the bed. I picked him up and put him into the pocket of my sweatshirt. He is still my constant travel companion and will be with me at the end of the week. Laugh if you want but I brought him to the appointment in January. Just knowing he was in my purse made me feel better.

I'm tired. The time change has been hard on me. Good night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

Your luck has to change soon. Two unhappy work places in a row is so unusual. Maybe chicken should come to work with you for a while and see if he can influence for the better.

Some people don't want to change and if they feel they were there longer you won't have a chance in ... to change them. They'll always make you feel like you should be the one to go.

The good news is you have a job, a home and a city you are happy living in. That allows you the time to "job search" without panic and see if the right one is out there for you.

The time change always takes a few days to get use to. I miss the getting up and driving to work in the day light but it won't be long before the sun catches up to me again in the mornings.

I think you should plan a trip. Even just planning / thinking of one can be enough to get you through the rest of the winter days. Take chicken, drop him on a map and go where he lands.

Edith

Anonymous said...

Careful about blogging about work. Check out this website and the famous term dooced

dooce