Saturday, February 28, 2009

I've been a bad blogger lately. Actually it would seem that a lot of bloggers are falling off the rails this month. I have a number of blogs that I read on a regular basis and it would seem February is just one of those months...not that I can/should/will use that as an excuse...but it sounds like a good one!

Thank goodness this is the end of February and perhaps with the introduction of March or rather re-introduction of March into my life the number of entries will increase.

This week...

I saw beautiful sun dawgs (dogs) on my way to work Wednesday. It surprised me to see them and had I of not been late in a arriving at work would have missed them. The sun is getting up earlier and earlier each day which is wonderful. I am able to see my route to work and once or twice this week I even left early enough that the sun was still shining on the way home. Spring just might be around a very large corner.

My apartment is a total disaster. I'm contemplating moving rather than cleaning. Seems easier at the moment. I will spend the weekend doing some spring cleaning and searching through my box o files for tax related stuff. Yes ladies and gentlemen it is that time of the year. I fully expect to get a big bill at the end of the process but none the less am as anxious as ever to get them done. If anyone knows a good tax person in Edmonton...let me know. Keep in mind I need them to know the Northern stuff VERY well.

My truck is running wonderfully. This week we had temps of -25 most mornings and I tempted the fates by not plugging it in. Ever the Norther vehicle it turned over each morning without hesitation. I love my truck. :)

I went into work one morning threatening to quit...because of the amount of snow that I had been required to brush off the truck. I can't get over the snow we had earlier in the week. Seriously folks...cold= no snow= happy Jennifer. snow=work=late for work!

I had some very long meetings this week. They were held just for me...and my brain came out at the end of each day throbbing. We are reviewing the policy and procedures manual--finally. I haven't touched it since January and once this review is finished I need to do all the revisions, make it look shnazzy (SP??)and then be ready to present it to all the managers the end of March. I also have four competitions that closed on Friday I need to screen, get questions ready for, etc, etc. And I need to start our summer advertising, post at least another four positions this week, etc. Yeah, the list is getting longer, faster.

I got misplaced last night while attempting to pick up my Indian food. I can't say lost cause I knew where I was, I just didn't know how to get to where I wanted to be. I did a bad thing and ordered my Indian food from my cell phone while driving home from work. After I placed the order I realized I had placed it at the wrong location. I then had to turn around and head back to the correct location. I knew where it was, I've driven by it a number of times, but it is tricky. There are about 4 roads that all converge and diverge around the same area. The street I needed was a one way and I managed to turn onto it early and then couldn't get off that road and back around. I was 1/2 hour late picking up my food. The girl at the counter laughed and said it happens all the time! I felt better. With two one ways around it if you don't start from the correct direction you will end up circling the area before actually arriving there. The food was worth the struggle in getting there. And luckily the getting home was easy due to the direction of the one way.

The fish enjoyed his time at the office. I took him in the Friday before I was scheduled to leave for Cambridge Bay with the thought I was going to be gone for two weeks. With a last minute adjustment to my schedule I decided to leave him there. He was re-named in my absence to Herman, which then evolved to Hermes. I have accepted the name change due to the loss of the other fish. Cal and Gary are no more. Hermes is still around and enjoying being back home with me.

Either my keyboard is possessed or my fingers are...as I type the cursor keeps jumping around and I find myself typing in the middle of other words. Hmmm.

Sigh. Who is going to come and clean my home and wash my clothes??? You?

T minus 14 days to the procedure. I am looking forward to having it done...just to be done. I am feeling much better about it all and think I have a great plan of action. I will be out the night before to pick up movies, comfort food and easy to assemble meals. Likely I will be up and around by Sunday, but I want to be prepared. And one can never go wrong with a week off from work and a house full of movies and food.

Ok...alright already...I'm getting off the couch...and I'll go do some cleaning. Maybe I'll start with the smallest room...the bathroom.

Bathroom is done!!! Yeah me. LOL....small, baby steps this weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

It was late last night when I read your blog so I left my reply for today. You will begin to enjoy the drive to and from work more with the sunshine to show you what you have been missing seeing.

The story about picking up the Indian food was great. It reminded me once of being in Halifax and missed where we wanted to go and decided we would just drive around the block but the "block" wasn't square and it took us forever to get back to where we wanted to go.

You'll never be a "bad blogger". You may not get to blog as regular as you like but you are a "good" blogger.

Sun dogs are a sign of something and I can't remember what but I think it is bad weather.

I am assuming you are only saying you would "move" rather than "clean" the apartment because you don't want to clean. I'm sure you don't really want to "move" again.

Edith