Sunday, March 15, 2009

It's Sunday and cabin fever is setting in. Funny how when one is able to get up and about that a weekend stuck in the house is like stolen time. Today though it seems like a bit of torture. I could likely go out and about, but I'm taking no chances so maybe tomorrow I'll head over to the grocery store and pick up something special for lunch.

I'm not in pain but i am not comfortable either. The advil is certainly helping and I can't really complain.

Yesterday was one of those days when you feel and think that maybe Spring could be just around the corner. Our temperatures last week went from -30 on Monday to +5 by Saturday. Sitting in my living room yesterday with the patio door open I could hear the drip, drip of water and hear the cars driving through the slush. The air had that smell of freshness. You know what I am talking about. That great smell that all Canadians recognize as the beginning of the next season. Today however Mother Nature is bringing more snow. Snow, snow and more snow. All day it has been snowing. Lots of big fluffy flakes and a sky so grey that it has the look of rain. Rain would be nice.

So I'm sitting and lying and napping and reading and generally just vegging and it is all good. Maybe when the sun comes back I'll get outside and take a drive.

Thanks to everyone who has written and called. I have certainly appreciated you thinking of me. Don't take me out of your prayers yet. This part is over, now I wait a month to make sure I am healed and then 5 months later go back in for another test to make sure they got all the bad cells. I have the spring and summer to relax and enjoy myself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get well soon!, You are in my thoughts!

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better very soon! You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Hi again,

I just posted my previous comments and your post popped up. Cabin fever is a good sign! Glad to hear that you aren't in any serious pain. We all certainly hope that in 5 months you get a clear bill of health!!

I think everyone in Canada is tired of the snow and the cold. I agree that "smell" of spring is wonderful - a bit of a teaser in March though.

Continue with the napping and reading, your body will thank you later!!

Lori B.