Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Update from the office....

Ok, I shouldn't be abusing my new job with blog updates, but my head is full and can't absorb anything else today. I've been reading and listening and asking questions all day...my poor brain. It had a month off and is now trying hard to get back into work mode.

Heck, all of me is having issues getting back into work mode. This am I got up at 7:30am and still managed to get myself to work for 9am...good thing the walk is so short! Literally over two blocks and up one. Or up two and down one. Or, well you get the picture. Oliver James aka Big Red gets to relax and unwind during the work day and may only find himself abused on evenings and weekends. I'm sure the truck won't mind and I imagine my insurance company will be happy about that too.

The cable/internet folks are arriving next Tuesday. I have been stealing wireless internet since I moved in and while I am enjoying it...I'd feel guilty to never get my own. Sigh...damn ethics. The cable may be a bit premature as I don't have a tv yet...but I may need to fix that this weekend. I LOVE TV...and all the new shows will be starting soon. Yes, I know...tv is not a life and I should get another one...but come on...it's tv!

I am keeping my cell phone for now and not getting a land line. I don't want to pay for both and the cell seems ok for the moment. I turn it off during the work day so at least I don't feel attached at the hip to it. I had one up North for work and while it occasionally came in handy...overall I could have lived without it.

My building manager MMMMMike. I added some m's cause he's a bit dreamy is coming by tonight to finish the paper work and do a couple of minor repairs. Just a couple door handles that need to be reattached and some lights that need fixing...nothing major and if I was really feeling handy I could do it myself...but...I'd rather watch him do it.

Went to his office (day job) last week to pick up the keys for my place and wow. There were three fine looking cowboys sitting around the desk chatting. Yes ladies...cowboys. They all had on their hats and boots, plaid shirts and blue jeans. You could almost smell the testrone. When I reported back to the car A was sorry she hadn't come with me.

I'm off to the grocery store. While the $198 I spent on stuff the other day is still around...I'm still missing essentials...like things for lunch. I haven't decided if I will go home each day or stay at the office. Both are options. At least for the time being I will stay at work and try to make friends.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jennifer,

Good to hear things are going well. I enjoyed your pics, especially Chicken and Egg. That should be framed and hung in your kitchen! Sounds like the job will be great and with a smaller crowd (compared to your PEI job) it should be a nice atmosphere. Sounds like a lot of reading to get familiar with everything.

I'm with you on the TV - all the news shows, season premieres, don't want to miss all that fun! I find with Keaton (grandson) when trying to get him to sleep I get to sit and watch TV and not feel that I should be doing something gross like cleaning!

Glad you saw some cowboys that sounded nice to look at! Now, maybe MMMMike can put a cowboy hat on while he attends to your apartment needs!

Enjoy your new adventure ... Lori B.

Unknown said...

Hey... thanks for giving me your blog address! I managed to find it on my own, thank you. But, hey you live here now so I guess I can get your news in person. ;)

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

I'm slow on catching up on the blog today. But I really enjoyed reading it. Cowboys - tv - tv - cowboys. Decisions you are faced with!!

Edith