Sunday, September 21, 2008

Ok...finally...some pictures.



In case you don't recognize this...it is the Calgary Tower. Not the CN tower as I keep refering to it. LOL. OOPS. It is tall and the view from the top is amazing. I made it up one day but didn't have camera. Luckily I have two friends who work there and can get me access to it...so I will go again some day with the camera!


Lovely little park about one block from my apartment. It gets lots of use. I enjoy sitting and watching the other people using the park. Very entertaining. Great place to go and read a book. The weather has been amazing. Mid 20's still during the days and lots of sun shine. Today seems to be an exception as there is some drizzle and an ever so slight chill in the air. I have not had to wear a coat yet...though many others are. I think my Northern skin is still around and I will be able to handle the temps slightly better than some of the other Calgarians.



This cute little guy is seen all over downtown. He shows you where the connections between the buildings are. Basically a lovely set of internal walkways that connect the majority of downtown. Likely very nice in the winter if you work in the area...no need to bundle up to head for your fav lunch spot. Right now that are just a quick way to dodge traffic and see the sights.


High pieces of art. They sure make for some interesting photos. I don't think I found a sign saying what they are called or who made them...but then again I can't remember if I even looked for one. Hmmm. I'll get back to you on this at some point.


Another park. This one in downtown. If I leave my office and walk 5 blocks towards downtown I find this charming park. A great spot for lunch al fresco.


Wonderful piece of art at the park. The details in this are amazing. Every line in his face, his clothes, etc. Very nice. Apparently a lot of folks sit across from him and have their pic taken as if they are playing chess with him.

These were all taken last weekend. I've been tired and lazy this week...and didn't get anything posted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

Your photography is still second to none! Terrific pictures.

Edith