Friday, September 5, 2008

Another update from the office...I'm buzzing on the soya sauce from my sushi and the sugar from my cherry parfait dessert! Whoo hoo!!!

Yep...another lunch from Safeway. Gotta love it. The parfait was my treat for surviving the week. Not that is was overly difficult...I've had worse first weeks, but still with the unpacking and the new job...it's been a heck of a week.

Tomorrow I am off to interview for a new job. Yep. You read that right. Not a new full time position, but a pt one to help keep me out of trouble, or considering the position, perhaps get me into more trouble. I am applying to work at the Saddledome selling Flames jerseys and big foam fingers. I don't know, it sounded fun. I may change my mind when I arrive there tomorrow and see all my 16 year old co-workers. The hours are great...evenings and weekends...when a game is on. So not a lot of work, but enough to help me meet a few new people and get out of the house.

Friday. Yep...thank goodness. I am having a Monday so am happy to think that the day is 1/2 over. I am hoping to do some lugging and lifting and shifting of stuff in the office this afternoon and not so much 'book work' I also managed to screw myself with regards to my pay cheque. I suggested a one week holdback as per most organizations. They agreed but said they all use two weeks....so now I am waiting 4 weeks before I get any cash. Damn. The move has pretty much tapped out my savings so...if anyone knows of a Sugar Daddy in Calgary looking for a new cowgirl...introduce me. LOL. Kidding...just send money. It is a good policy and I am happy to implement it...and hey, when I leave this position I'll be happy about the decision.

I konw Friday night might not be the best time to hit Ikea...but I may do Walmart tonight...just cause. I've been shuffling the few light bulbs in the apartment around and frankly it is time to go and buy a box full...and a new shower rod. Yes, the apartment came with one...a tension rod...like the one in Happy Valley Goose Bay...and some of you may remember that incident...so I'm going to purchase a screw to the wall this sucker is never coming off rod instead. The installation should no doubt make for a good story.

Enjoy your weekend. I am hoping to do a walk around downtown on Sunday and show you some of the sites. May not be as exotic as my last local, but it is certainly still interesting.

No comments: