Friday, September 26, 2008

FRIDAY!! Yeah.
I am so glad it is Friday. For one I didn't need to think about what I was wearing this am. Jeans and a nice top...it is after all Casual Friday at work. I have two meetings today and need to hit the bank before 4pm so that pretty much makes my day. The week has gone by surprisingly fast and for that I am grateful.

I did up a Policy and Procedures Manual this week, wrote a new JD, spent some time learning the website program and then fixing the website (with more to do). I haven't done much web page creation since back in the day when it was all in code. Now it is all click and point and ever so easy.

The PT job continues to be fun. Yes, it makes me tired the next am but it is worth it. Last night I was put on till training. Now I know how to use the cash register. I haven't worked cash since 1996 but am happy to say I was only short 9 cents at the end of the night. phew. I enjoyed it and hope they put me on till again this weekend. The staff caf was just as great as remembered from the first night and I know it will become a regular for me. But then again I find it hard to cook a meal for $2-3. We get one period off each game. You can eat, nap, walk, talk, text or watch the game. I have enjoyed having the first period off. Seems like a break earlier in the evening is good and gets me rested for the rest of the shift. When not on break we can watch the game on the many tv's hanging around the arena. Last night at my register I could count 8 tvs within my viewing distance. So even though I am seeing most of the game on screen (like at home), the energy of the building can certainly be felt where we are. And if I strain my neck I can see down the stairs and to where the ice is.

I met #12's mom and Aunt. Glencross's Uncle and Dad and Mrs' Bertuzzi was in last night...oh the celebrity of it all.

I'm off to work. And no, it hasn't gotten much better. Sigh. Anyone need a good HR person? Actually, I was having a conversation on my cell phone yesterday in the stairwell when this lady walked by. I was just ending my conversation and ended up on the elevator with her. "Are you looking for a job?" "Yes." "What do you do?" So we had a very brief conversation (only three floors!) and I emailed her my resume. It was so funny and the timing so very strange.

3 comments:

Binky said...

Cool- you were headhuntde on an elevator.... Gotta be a good sign.

Anonymous said...

Sounds interesting! Keep us posted on what's up with the possible job. Glad to hear you're enjoying the Flames work. You have the great personaltiy to work with people!

have a good weekend ... Lori B.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

You are officially taking money at the Flames gamees. You would be the envy of many. Too bad the job you like is the part-time one and not the "bill paying" one. We can only hope that the right job is around the corner just waiting for you. Till then, take each day as they come and don't look any further ahead then that.

Edith