Tuesday, September 23, 2008

GO FLAMES GO!!!

Ok, so they lost tonight. At least I had a good evening. My first night of jersey duty. It is exactly as I wanted. A fun no brainer job. I wasn't on cash tonight so it was even easier. LOL. All I had to do was tell people what size shirt I thought they should buy and then get it off the rack for them. Yep, I can do that.

I took my break during first period. Headed to the staff caf (cafeteria) for supper. SOOOO cheap. A hotdog is 75 cents as is a pop, fries and half the other stuff on the menu. Chicken fingers were 1.25 and a chocolate milk was 1.00. The special was 2 bucks. spaghetti with meatsauce. Great deals esp when you consider the prices folks are paying on the main floor for food.

I get off my day job at 4pm. Walk home. Change clothes, grab my bag and walk to work. I get there by 4:45pm and I was home by 10:40pm. Not bad. Not bad at all. Everyone seems really nice and surprisingly I'm not the youngest person there. LOL. But I am definitely in the older age group. Oh well...for a few hours I get to be young and responsibility free. And they pay me.

Back to the grind in a few hours...so off to bed. Hope everyone is having a good kick off to Fall!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

Congrats on a job well done - first night with the Flames! You sound like it was so much fun they shouldn't even be paying you. On game days you will be starving yourself so you can fill up on the cheap meals!

Edith

Anonymous said...

That does sound like fun! You could always quit your day job. Cheap food, great hours, cute cowboys, no responsibilities...it sounds too good to be true!

Enjoy

Jan from the Island

Binky said...

Can you see much of the game?

B.

Anonymous said...

But how is the quality of the staff caf? And can I sneak in there for my lunch breaks? LOL -A

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

Sounds like the Flames job is a winner for getting out, meeting people, with a no stress pay cheque! It's nice that you get to attend concerts too, hopefully you will get to see, or hear as you will be at your work station :), some good bands. Maybe you will end up working for whoever owns the place, doing some marketing and/or some HR work. If that ever came to pass I hope you'd still get the food goodies at such great prices! :)

How's the other job going, any changes after another week under your belt?

Take care ... Lori B.