Sunday, September 21, 2008

The part-time job. Is awesome. True, I have only worked one shift, but I like it already. I worked Thursday night at the Neil Diamond concert. I admit to not knowing what he sang prior to the event...it isn't my job to know...only to know how to smile and ask how I can help the fans who show up. I sold t-shirts, mugs, posters, programs, teddy bears and necklaces. I left my day job at 4pm went home, changed and walked down to the Saddledome where I worked until 11:30pm when I headed home and to bed.

The other folks are great. Very friendly and we are all there for the same basic reason...a fun pt job. I am looking forward to working Tuesday night...pre-season Flames game against Florida. The earliest that we are expected to show up is 4:30pm and if you can't make it till later they understand and it isn't an issue. As long as you sign up to work the majority of the flames games they don't care how many other shifts you take. I am hoping to pick up a few concert shifts and to work for some of the lacrosse games...cause I've never seen Canada's national sport in action!

Since I didn't have any shifts this weekend I decided that Saturday would be a great day to head to Banff. I had thought I was going alone but at the last minute had a friend along for the ride. She has lived in Banff and was happy to once again play tour guide. Here's some pics from this weekend.

The day in Banff was nice...until the end of the evening. We did a bit of shopping...I wanted a few gifts for some friends up North, ate some chocolate, did some great people watching and checked out the hoodoos. Met a friend for supper and then went for an after supper drink...tea. By the time we got to the coffee/tea shop I was feeling under the weather. I called the evening to a close and we headed back into the big city. I felt horrible. I eventually had to pull over to the side of the road and in an oh so lady like fashion, kneeling on the highway between Banff and Calgary proceeded to lose my supper. At least I felt better after that. Not sure what the issues was...but I did manage to sleep well...after I finally got settled. When I got home my parking space was full. I drove around the block a couple times and didn't see any spaces so I left a note on the car and wrote down their license plate. I told them I had their plate and if they parked there again I would have them towed. Then I parked in a neighbours spot and left a note on my truck explaining what was going on. Yes, it is only a parking spot. But, I pay good money for that spot. And lets face it, I'm sick, I'm tired, I'm not in the mood to drive around looking for a spot blocks from my house when I shouldn't need too. I got up early this am and moved back into my spot. I found my note on the ground and in lipstick was 'whaa' I threw it in the garbage. I came back into the house and fell asleep until early this afternoon.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These mountain pics are truly amazing. I would be blowing them up, printing and then framing them.

Jan from the Island

Anonymous said...

When I had people park in my spot, I liked to doublepark and block them in. It may be passive agressive, but very satisfying.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer: Your pictures are top notch!! Why are you working? Why aren't you making a living at photography?

Getting sick on the side of the highway - what a bummer end to an otherwise perfect day. To the person who took your parking spot -oh the nerve!! And then to seem to be oblivious to what it was that they did wrong. Just no excuse. I like the doublepark suggestion by your fellow blogger. I'd just be afraid they'd mess my vehicle up real bad for spite. Then you end up being the loser for sure. Your response was a good one to leave the note.

So glad the Saddledome job is turning out to as much fun as you anticipated. What a perfect match for you. I hadn't thought of you getting to work concerts and other sporting events other than the Flames hockey games. You get all the fun!

Edith