Monday, September 15, 2008

Had my training on Saturday. "Go Flames Go"

Basically my job is to sell jerseys and other logo'd products. Seems like a pretty simple gig. The training was a bit sad. We were almost read line by line from the manual that they have...and well, it all seems like common sense to me. What we didn't spend much time on was the products and what they are. At this point I know we have jerseys and hats and that is about it. They didn't go over the different kinds of jerseys and why someone should pay for a $300 one vs the $120 one. And if they want lettering what kind is available and how much it is. But I know how to handle a rude customer!

The best part of the whole day was the tour of the Saddledome. We had a birds eye view as we got to view it from the catwalk high above the rink...see pics below.

It is about a 1/2 hour walk from work to work...so that isn't bad and I'm looking forward to it. People have said I'll regret that in the winter...they don't know about my parka!


The Flames were practising Saturday morning...mmmm, sweaty hockey players. LOL

View from above. On the catwalk looking down at the scoreboard from the very center of the arena.

Kinda neat eh?

No comments: