Tuesday, September 2, 2008

day one is done.

It was easier than expected. I made the rounds of the office...lots of intros...lots of names to forget and try to remember later. The org I work for has two employees...me and my admin ass't, but we are located within a larger org...so there are about 12 other folks around to get to know.

I did a lot of reading today and asked a few questions. Over the next few days there will be less reading and more questions. It seems like it will be a good job. I think my admin person was a bit surprised by my age...I think she was expecting someone older...oh well.

Lunch was fun. I went to Safeway...almost across the street. You punch your sandwich into a touch screen and voila...they make what you want. It was fun. (Yep...I've been up North too long)

The unpacking is 90% done and 30% put away. I have floors...I just can't see them. I think the lovely folks who did the packing were having fun as they put each of the wheels for the bed in different boxes. It has taken me since Friday to find them all. So tonight I sleep on a proper bed with sheets and everything. This will be the first proper sleep since late July.

Later this week I am off to Ikea to pick up some shelves for all my wonderful, glorious books. I have 6 boxes of books that I haven't seen in almost 3 years and I am dying to have them out on display. And of course I want to display all my carvings as well.

The new apartment is big enough that there will be no worry of living in an art gallery. It will just take some time for me to decide where to hang everything...and to get some frames. Lots of time for all of that.

Can't wait to be fully unpacked so I can do some exploring!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

There is some excitement to moving and unpacking and putting things up again. As you say, you need to decide where to hang things and that decision needs to wait until you are sure.

You will enjoy the "shopping" for the needed accessories for the new home. Only you could look at everything as a big adventure - even going to Safeway and "making your own lunch sandwich"!

I hope chicken likes his new home and I suspect it took him a whole lot less time to unpack his belongings than it did you.

Edith