Monday, September 8, 2008

I'm sitting here thinking about my taxes. Not that taxes I finally got straightened out (FYI, never let a man in PEI do your Northern taxes!!!), but next years taxes. I am looking at all the receipts from my move and wondering what to do with them. Obviously I keep them...but I'm looking at the claim for next year. The form hasn't changed in years...and the chances of it changing next year are slim...so with nothing better to do (than go for a walk, finish putting stuff away or cleaning) I am checking out my taxes. I am so going to get audited this coming year.

"So let me get this straight. You spent half your year in NU, half in Calgary. Shipping your truck to Montreal and then drove it across the country?" It just is going to be hard to swallow me thinks and I will definitely be seeking professional help. (No comments from the peanut gallery on my need for professional help now.)

I did one dangerous thing today. I set up a tension rod in my bathroom. Not the shower curtain, a thingamadoodle for holding stuff. I don't have any fancy holders in the tub surround. In fact I don't have a tub surround...just tiles. After some careful debate and thought it was decided to try one of these spring loaded things that has four shelves and can hold all of my lotions and potions for the tub/shower. I'm a bit nervous around the spring loaded stuff. I managed to get it set up and in the tub. Heck, I even loaded it with stuff. And it hasn't unsprung yet. I suspect it is waiting for me to get into the shower and then just when I start to think I am a genius at installing thingamadoodles WHAM!!! It strikes.

And that folks is my exciting big city life...but hey, it's only Monday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear....are you spending your April 2009 refund in September 2008? Yep, you are in bad shape!!

Let me just say that the most complicated thing I have ever installed is a light bulb. I would probably call that hunky cowboy if I had to install anything!

Jan from the Island

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

I suggest the safest thing to do is just save all your receipts and go see a tax person early in January to give them lots of time to sort through your complicated claim. Thats what they get paid for.

I'm sure you will tell us if the shelf flies apart while you are in the shower but I hope it doesn't.

Edith