Sunday, May 24, 2009

Taken from my trip a couple weeks ago...the flag of Kugaaruk.
This is the same church I photographed in Fall of 2007. Notice how the sky, snow and ice are all the same colour. That's why the picture taking hasn't been so great lately. It makes it hard to differentiate between the hills and sky. This cutie was on the flight out of Cambridge Bay in April headed to Yellowknife. She kept looking out the window longingly. I tried sneaking the photo and yet get her in the shot. I think I captured what I was looking for in this one.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

Love the picture of the little girl, looks like she might be thinking "are we there yet"! It turned out picture perfect, even the fur on her coat is so well photographed it looks like you could touch it and feel how soft it is!

Good to hear you have a laptop with sound, might have been very quiet at the apartment without some music! While the next door tenant is out you can dance up a storm - and even sing in the shower!!

Hopefully by the time you read this you're feeling better, ready to hit the road, or I should say, the sky, again - lots of air miles being put on this trip.

I think I'd be very tired of snow if I was you - seeing pictures is beautiful - but snow in May onward just doesn't seem quite right to me! I suppose if the sun is shining and it's blue sky, might be a little easier to take.

Take care ... Lori B.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

I liked the picture of the church.

The little girl is precious. No wonder you wanted to capture that one. Put that one up for a contest or for sale.

Edith