Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Getting old and forgetful.

After work this evening my goals were simple.
1. Mail Mother's Day present
2. Buy mix.
3. Pick up prescription.
4. Pick up supper.
5. Go home.

I accomplished goal #1 with absolutely no difficulties...except maybe that I am a bit late getting it in the mail and it may not arrive on time. Happy Mother's Day Mom...love your S-L-O-W child. I even managed to get #2 done. I finished #4 before #3 and was quite proud of myself that I had finished all my chores. Except that as I started to walk out of the store I realized that my hand was empty. Hmmm. Somehow between the front of the store and back of the store I had lost my mix. I headed up to the front of the store and after checking the cash register (which had closed by the time I got there) we found my mix. So apparently I am now paying for goods and then leaving them behind. I did manage to complete #5 without any difficulties.

It was another hectic day at the office. I literally didn't do any 'work, work' today. I packed up all my files and got them ready for shipping up North. Cleaned up my desk and moved all my personal things around. A month away from the office (and maybe more) is a long time and there were lots of things to think about...will I need this or this...what about this file. There are three file boxes now waiting to be shipped North!

My truck is nestled into a parking spot at the office and is awaiting my return.

The house is almost totally clean. I keep putting off the kitchen floor. Ugh, I hate sweeping. And the garbage. It's like laundry. No matter how much garbage I take out it would seem there is always another bag. But that can all wait until later tonight. For now I am going to sit back, read some of my book and enjoy being in my apartment surrounded by my stuff.

I will have internet access in Cam Bay, but only at work so the blog updates may not be as often as I'd like. And I'm actually on a 'road trip' for the first week of my stay. I leave on Sunday and we hit all of the communities by the following Sunday. The dates aren't the greatest for most of the meetings, but it is the best we can do for this year. This was a project on side a of the office and then it became a project for side b. If side b had planned it from the beginning it would have happened a month ago (at least) and it would be arranged differently...next year. I've done these sort of things before and am looking forward to getting out into the communities again and meeting some folks. It isn't the turnout at the evening meetings, it is the talks around town at the various offices and the chats in the stores that makes the most impact.

Alright...enough blogging from Edmonton. I'll talk to you next from above the Arctic Circle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

Above the Artic Circle - what an interesting way of putting it. It felt like we were above the Artic Circle on PEI this morning. Holy cow it was cold at 7:00 a.m. Can you tell we are ready for SPRING and WARM weather here!

Who am I to complain when you would be packing all your warmest clothing for this trip and are looking forward to it.

I can see how you would enjoy the chats with people in the store, at the local hang outs, on the street. You do get the best perspectives there.

You didn't say if you are taking this journey on your own or if there are any other office staff travelling with you.

We will be block watching for your next update - when ever you get a chance to be in touch with us.

Edith