Sunday, May 3, 2009

Photos from my weekend in Banff/Lake Lousie/etc
For those who checked this out early Sunday...I have since updated by adding some text.

This is a view of Edmonton on my return. I need to find a spot that I can park and come back to this at night. I've seen it before and the lights are pretty cool.

This is the view I had for most of the drive from Lake Louise to Rocky Mountain House.
Fun drives. Up ahead (the tunnels) are actually wild life bridges. Created to allow all the woodland creatures to get across the highway without being killed. Very smart. I saw a couple other ones that were in progress and they are pretty neat. I hope the bunnies like them.
Banff Springs Hotel. Beautiful. Not the hotel I stayed at. This one was out of my price league, but it is pretty nice to look at.
Chicken at Lake Louise. I'm not happy with most of the pictures I took during this trip, the contrasts and colours are off. So...black and white classic shot for chicken.
This cabin is located at Lake Louise. Looks like a scene out of a Rocky Mountain Christmas card.
As pictured on the back of the old $20 bill. I think? It's been so long since I've had cash I can't be sure anymore.

One of the moments of nice weather.
View from the road. I stopped here to wish my sister a Happy Birthday.
Just off Turtle Mountain drive in Banff.
View of Banff from the hills above.


The following few pics are from the tour of the hot springs. I didn't go to the one you can actually sit in and enjoy. This is the place I paid $3.90 to see and recommend that you don't bother. Here are the pics...that''s good enough. Trust me.

This it outside..lovely sulphur smell.
This guy does a great job at letting people know where to go.
Inside the cave. These next few pics are backwards in order.
Walking thru the cave towards the springs

Entrance to the cave. Yep...wrong order.

No comments: