Sunday, October 31, 2010

While attempting to bake an apple pie this morning I set off the smoke detector. When the oven temperature gets to over 400 the smoke detector (heat detector?) goes off. It went off three times before I got all the windows open and enough of a breeze blowing through to take the heat away. At this point I notice that my two furry friends had gone missing.

Instead of looking for them I sat down at the computer to write a few emails that I haven't gotten too since the kittens arrived. Witchy Woman has a fascination with the screen and loves watching the things move on the screen. She feels her best view is from on top of of the keyboard.Last night she discovered the tv and the moving objects on the tv...so then she figured sitting on the digital box was her best view.


The pie turned out pretty good. Not burnt but also perhaps not the right amount of sugar.  I didn't use proper baking apples...but all in all I think it was ok.

Witchy Woman gets a little too close to the camera.
 Peek a boo! Exploring every nook and cranny in the kitchen.
 It is important to stay clean.
 Hurry up and take my picture already...Licorice Feet is only somewhat annoyed at having her picture taken--repeatedly.
 I love how the colours are divided to equally down the front of her face.
 Fun crunchy toy.
Hey, there are people in there.

I enjoy the cats names but I think I am going to need to rename them. I will need short names to teach them. 3 months of not having names and now to learn a lot of new words and their names may be too much. I am tossing around a few ideas but obviously need to pick new ones soon so they will get used to them. Anyone know how long it takes a cat to learn its name?

My part-time job has been secured and I will begin working in the next week or so. Training next weekend. I will be working at the movie theatre. It isn't glamorous but it is what I was looking for. The hours work out well for me and I can work as much or little as I need. And after a month or so I get free movies for me and a friend. That's a nice perk!

Tonight I will be at my sisters handing out treats while she and R. take the kids out. Their costumes are fantastic.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

I can picture those kitties running for cover when the smoke alarm went off! You wouldn't have to worry about them being under your feet until that noise was gone.

Interesting that they are fascinated with the computer screen and the tv screen. I like the names you have. Can you maybe just shorten them to nicknames rather than re-name them. I.e. Witchey and L feet.

The pictures were really cute. Thanks for sharing them.
Part-time at the movies!! You'll like that job.

Happy Halloween!!!

Edith

Jack said...

Jennifer:

What beautiful colors & faces they have!! Part time @ the movies, not a bad part time job, that should be fun! Happy Halloween!