Friday, October 29, 2010





They are home!
Licorice Feet and Witchy Woman arrived yesterday afternoon. As I was walking to the truck with them in their carrier I had a moment of panic--I am responsible for two living creatures. But it is all good.

They had a wonderful time exploring the entire house when they first arrived. Every nook and cranny got explored. Then they played and played and played. I had to leave for just over and hour last night and was hopeful they would pass the test and leave the place standing--they did! Actually I think they both took a nap when I was out.  And I wasn't sure what was going to happen at bed time but they both jumped up on the bed and curled up around me then purred me to sleep. I didn't have the heart to say no. They slept most of the night but between 1am and 2am decided they should play some more. They were nice enough to head to the living room and were not jumping on the bed or me...but I did worry for a while.

This morning I am trying to get them into a bit of a routine and let them know how my routine will work. Right now they are both laying on the couch--purring. :-) I love purring. The pictures so far don't capture their faces well or personality....I'll get some on the weekend.

Licorice Feet is the quieter one...not as cuddly with me but definitely cuddly with her sister. She purred for the first time last night in bed so I took that as a good sign. Witchy Woman will purr anytime you pet her (almost) and it is a great loud purr. She has a number of pink toes that she is showing off to me at the moment.

Happy Friday!

3 comments:

Jack said...

Congrats, they are beautiful!! You made a wonderful choice!! You'll get used to them sleeping in the bed, mine does every night. I am sure you three will have a great weekend together getting acquainted. I am sure they will have a long, happy & loving life with you. Can't wait to see more pics!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

They are beautiful colors! I guess I thought they were going to be little kittens, how old are they? They will be nice to keep you warm in the winter in your bed, as long as you don't have power surges!!

Enjoy your weekend when you 3 are getting to know each other better.

Happy Halloween Lori B.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

I think your new babies are beautiful. I'm like Lori, I was expecting them to be younger and smaller but they are obviously well trained. They like you or they wouldn't be sleeping with you. They would just find their own soft spot somewhere else in the apartment. They are using their scratching tree already and that is a good sign for your furniture!Purring is a comforting sound for sure. My cat is not a cuddler nor does he like to be picked up. But he will lay beside me on the couch and look for attention (tickle me under the chin please) and he will come up on the bed and lay right up beside me but probably won't stay the night. It is nice that they have each other to play with and that they do like to play together. You can leave them and go to work and know they have company. If they are already trained to be inside cats and not go outside then they won't ever bug you to let them outside and you should keep it that way.

Good luck and enjoy the cuddles this weekend!

Edith