Monday, October 11, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving.
This was my first Thanksgiving family feast since 2005. Yep, 2005. I have many turkey dinners with wonderful friends in the past few years and even remember fondly Tkg dinners at a hotel in Labrador City when I worked for MUN. Full of turkey my brain isn't able to form correct sentences so here's a few pics to keep you going...

My mom has been doing pumpkins for the kids the past couple of years. I hope I get one next year. :)

The next few are from Iqaluit 2006--October.
Only $1.99/kg you can find them on PEI right now for $1.99 each. Oh I remember the days of the $30 pumpkin. I didn't carve one then and I won't likely be carving one this year either. There are pros/cons to apartment dwelling. I would love to decorate for Halloween but...there isn't much point as I won't have trick or treaters. If you are living in a house and would like someone to come and decorate your outside with pumpkins and fall 'stuff'  I'm your girl. LOL
There is no ice here yet on the rivers. Funny but I miss the North a lot at this moment in time.
And here we have Fall 2009...the pumpkin carving contest...

And now...to go and clean my apartment.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

Happy Thanksgiving Jennifer! So nice that you enjoyed a family celebration this year. I know you would have loved being with your niece and nephew.

I'm sure "mom" will get you a pumpkin.

Edith

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

Glad you had a nice family feast - I'm sure your folks were thrilled to have you on Island this year! We had 2 dinners, and for both, someone else was cooking - perfect for me!! I even got to take home a homemade pumpkin pie from my sisters and she is a fantastic cook!

My dad used to carve all the grandchildren's names into the pumpkins as they grew; however, he had to give it up as some grew larger than others, which created a problem as all the little ones wanted a big pumpkin!

We haven't decorated much for Halloween the last few years as we don't get any trick or treaters anymore :( !! However, with Keaton almost 3 now, Lynsey has a couple of pumpkins they plan to carve, which should be interesting to watch.

Hope you have a good short week!

Lori B.

Anonymous said...

There just might turn out to be an extra pumpkin or two kicking around my place this year. If you think your up to the challenge!