Sunday, October 3, 2010

This first photo is a bit gross.

The lighter areas show the clean counter--the darker parts are what I thought to be the original colour of the counter top. I think it was the 2nd week I was here and I set my teapot down on the counter. It leaves iron marks and when I moved it realized I should scrub off the iron ring mark. Out came the Mr Clean magic eraser and suddenly I realized the counter was very dirty. Very Dirty. And then I went--oh gross, I've been eating off that.

I had repeatedly washed the counter top--but not scrubbed hard. I will not make that mistake ever again.


Now on to more pleasant things...
Still waiting to get two pieces of furniture into the new place--I own them I just don't have them with me--but I also need to buy a proper kitchen table. Anyway...I have 'finished' decorating the apartment.







And there you have it...done! I picked up a fish tank from my Grammie's attic last weekend when we cleaned it out. I need to re-chaulk it and then fill it with water and fish! I'm looking forward to getting that hooked up. It will go to the right of the shelving unit shown above--in the living room so I can watch them in the evening.

I know I've been quiet lately. I fell off a wagon of sorts (not drinking or drugs or anything like that) and just found my way again Saturday night. I will be renewing my efforts to find a part-time job for the next few months AND to find a new job on the Island--a permanent one. The role I am in will not be going perm until at least 2012 and I am hoping I can find something a bit more stable before then--and before my current contract runs out.

With a renewed energy I am striking out and moving forward.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the bedroom! Where did you get the panels - I love that color of blue. I might just re-do ours (yes, already!).

Cannot wait to see the real deal.

Jan from the Island

Anonymous said...

Jennifer: The pictures of your home are lovely. You have done a beautiful job decorating. The white bedroom furniture is so nice. You must be very happy with that purchase.

Humm, job hunting so soon. Most glad to hear it is hunting on PEI.

Edith

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

Good to hear from you! The apartment looks great - you must be thrilled to be able to say that you are finished decorating. The wallpaper looks great by the door with the telephone table, the pink and white is soothing (I like pink) and your picture looks perfect against the pink. The counter was kind of a gross/yucky surprise I'm sure, good you got it now though.

Job hunting already - my, my, my, you do keep us on our toes! I do understand though, life is easier to plan when you know you have a full time permanent position.

Take care and keep "moving forward"!

Lori B.

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

Place looks great. Good luck with the job chaos! :)