Monday, October 25, 2010

Here's the thing. I'm single. I have been for a long time now. And even when I wasn't single I was--long distance and all that. Being single isn't so bad, most of the time. Everynow and then I just want to scream. Today was one of those days.

The plans for the xmas party were started last week. Dinner, dancing--the usual xmas event. According to the word back today there isn't anywhere available for the party. That sucks. During the planning session it was mentioned that it would be employee and spouse. That bugs me. Spouse. It should be and GUEST. Anyway it was mentioned that day along with the SPOUSE that hey, we should do it after xmas. There are so many parties and things on the go leading up to xmas that we should do it in January. I disagree. I don't have a spouse or a +1 or a partner to go and enjoy their xmas party. I only have the one job--one party.

I know it seems small and pety and selfish to talk this way---but it just really irked me today when the email came out about no party. I guess I will invite my sisters cat Boo over and my girls and I will have a xmas party with Boo. LOL. Kidding. I will not be hosting birthday or Christmas parties for my cats.

Anyway...pity party for one! Done. Back to the fun Christmas shopping list...
*********

http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml;jsessionid=TJFANOSC3OCUUCQAAKPRPVY?itemId=prod55480015&parentId=cat342302&masterId=cat203511&index=29&cmCat=cat000000cat200648cat203511cat342302&navid=QuickToProduct




Aren't they pretty?

Big smiles from me. Of course the likelyhood of me spending a thousand dollars on a pair of sneakers is pretty low. But they are pretty nice.

I'm on a kitchen kick this year. Most of the items on my Christmas list seem to be things for my kitchen. I guess it is part of my new found desire to cook and bake. In fact I am hoping to try out a new recipe this weekend--again. I made an appetizer this weekend that I think turned out pretty good. Proscuito wrapped around a bit of blue cheese and a chunk of cantelope. I heated it in the oven until the cheese had melted. It was mmmm. The other appie I made was the same rosemary one I took to a dinner party so it wasn't new but it was only the second time I had made it. I'm on a new food kick. All things I bake must be from new recipes. No tired and true--only different and new!

Talked to the Humane Society today and the girls will be ready for me at 4:30pm on Thursday. I'm very excited. I suspect there will be a lot of pictures taken the first night. ;-)

Oh, and this gorgeous piece of luggage...

It's available from Sears.

3 comments:

Jack said...

Sneakers from Bergdorf? The only thing I have from them is linen napkins, & that's enough, lol. Can't wait to see the pics of the 2 new sweeties!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

I totally see your point in delaying the Christmas party to January. It is not a Christmas party then. Guest is definately a better word to use. You might bring your best friend who happens to be a woman if you can take a "guest" but you wouldn't if you are to bring a "spouse".

You may just have to host your own Christmas party with your family and friends and forget about the co-workers.

Edith

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Please check your n.o.n. e mail.