Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Many years ago I thought about getting a pet. Sunday I submitted my application to the PEI Humane Society. Monday I got approved to adopt 2 kittens. My sister, neice and nephew will be joining me on Saturday to pick out my kittens. (Don't tell the kids yet...) Once the kittens have been choosen they will under go some minor surgery and by Halloween will be coming home with me. :-)

Ah.

I'm so very excited, like a kid before Christmas. The wait seems forever now that the decision has been made. This time will be put to good use as I prepare my apartment for them. I will need to kitten proof some of my belongings and buy them some supplies.
****
Isn't it funny how time works? One day you are at work and the minute you turn around it is 5pm and time to go home. The next day after a very hard long day you look at the clock and it is 10:30am.

I've managed to come down with yet another cold and today was one of those days where the clock went in reverse. Of course the tightness in my head and sniffling coming from my nose didn't help the situation--or maybe it caused it. Either way it was rough going. I wonder if the colds are just an adjustment to being back in the Maritimes. It is MUCH damper here than Nunavut or Alberta. The cold, damp weather on the weekend likely did not help me any nor did the hanging around outside without a coat on. Now, I know that not wearing a coat does not cause one to get sick. I also know though that being very tired from being out three nights in a row, little to no sleep combined with running around without a coat can bring down my defenses and enable the cold to 'catch.' Regardless of the hows and the whys I am once again sick.

Tonight I am off the listen to Douglas Coupland at the Massey Lecture at the Confed Centre. Should be an interesting talk.

2 comments:

Jack said...

Congrats on the kittens! I had 2 tortoiseshell sisters, they were the sweetest cats I have even owned, lived to be 13 & 14. Hint...if they have tortoiseshell kittens, snatch' em up! :) Feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

Oh a mother to kittens - you'll be great but you probably won't have fish anymore since these pets may not get along. I can't wait to hear what names you decide to call them. The names will be most interesting.

Sorry to hear you have the cold again because there are such bad colds on the go and some people have had the same ones for a few weeks. Hope that is not the case for you.

Edith