Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Day two of stuck at home. This sucks.

I wasn't feeling 100% on the weekend and Sunday there was definitely something that had upset my body...I did go to work on Monday...I had an interview booked in the afternoon. I didn't make it in yesterday. I was going to go in late but when late arrived I knew I should stay home. Just generally not feeling well. Today I am dizzy. Yep, dizzy. Not ditzy as many have described me...dizzy...hmm, maybe I have been described that way too. Oh well. You know that feeling when you get up to fast that head spin light headed feeling. Yeah, I got that. I got up on time made it to the shower where I washed myself with one hand while holding onto the wall with the other. Dressed and with breakfast inside me I felt the world continue to spin from my couch. Probably not a good idea to drive. I called work and said I wouldn't be in--again.

I really don't like being home sick. It is so different when you want a day at home. I can't do much reading cause I seem to make myself seasick. There is nothing good on day time television and I seem unable to nap.

If it is the flu the symptoms are very mild. If it isn't the flu I don't know what it is. Oh well. Hopefully tomorrow I will be up and about. Never fret I am filling up on soup and tea. The cure all for everything...but if I can make it out later I may head to McDonalds for something that would please my taste buds.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had the dizzys for a week a few years ago....arrived with no announcement and then just disappeared slowly over the course of the second week.

It was so bad the first week I could not walk down the hall to go pee without also needing to upchuck!

Hold in there!

Jan from the Isle.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

Thankfully you are not traveling somewhere for meetings and can just crash at home.

Edith