Saturday, September 19, 2009

If you want to know where I am scroll down to the Jasper/Hinton pictures. Yep...there I am. I even requested (and got) the same camp site. I'm being a bit of a sook this morning....the weather man says it is 16 degrees, my fingers and toes say otherwise. I think the HEAVY covering of dew is making it feel colder and damper than it really is. The sleeping bag was terrific. It will definitely take some getting used to. It is mummy style as opposed to the typical barrel style. Mummy style is more fitted, smaller at the feet, wider at the shoulders and you are supposed to put your entire body inside and zip up. Only your face shows. Hands and arms inside. For someone like me who continually flips over and rolls around it is challenging. I'm sure eventually I will get the hang of it. The good news is that even though the temps didn't get anywhere close to 0 I was snug as a bug (and felt literally rolled up in a rug). The dew invaded the inside of the tent...I guess where I touched the end wall with my feet and underneath at some of the pressure points. The good news is...I didn't know the bag was wet or that there was moisture inside the tent until I woke up and inspected it.

Today should prove exciting--not. I hope to wander around some of Hinton and read my book. Relaxing is at the top of the list for this weekend. There are some very dark clouds rolling in over the hills and I hope the sun dries the dew before the rain starts. I don't want to put the tarp on the tent before the moisture drys.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

Didn't really expect any comments from you until tonight or tomorrow, after the camping trip, but yes, I did come in to check! I hope those dark clouds held off for you and that the rain didn't dampen your spirits too much, if indeed it did rain. It was dampish here yesterday, put a damper on the Shellfish Festival, however, we went in Sat night as Rawlins Cross was playing and it was great, very crowded, but lots of fun.

I hope you do get a chance to camp again prior the the real cold weather, maybe you will try winter camping - my brother enjoys that as did my sister when her daughter was in girl guides, they did the winter camping and she indicated it was a totally different experience and very peaceful and enjoyable. Not my cup of tea, if I'm on holidays and not at home, I don't want the ground or a tent, I want a hotel with someone cleaning up after me!!

Enjoy the start of fall ... Lori B.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

So nice to hear about the camping trip. I'm glad you enjoy it so much - dew wet tents - possible rain on top of dew wet tents - glad it is you and not me.

Edith