Thursday, September 17, 2009

It's Thursday morning. I'm sitting in my living room drinking my tea, surfing the internet and watching the sunrise. There is something nice about watching a sunrise, but then it is also a bit depressing to know you need to be up before the sun to get to work on time. Come on....time change.

My bags are packed for the big camping trip...whoo hoo....or I guess I should say little camping trip. Either way...it will be fun. Likely the last weekend of camping for this year unless this incredible weather holds. It has been 25+ degrees all week. I love, love 25 degrees...if I don't need to work. No, the office isn't too hot. It's too cold. Stupid air conditioning and stupid office mates. We have one lady who is going through some hormonal changes and since she gets hot we all must suffer. The AC is on bust. We are wearing sweaters, pants and socks to work on days when the outside temps are 25+ and she is walking around in short pants and sleeveless tops. I'm sympathetic to a point, but when the rest of us are literally freezing and wearing jackets when we need to spend any amount of time in our boardroom with the door closed something must be done. Sigh.

On the plus side, we are looking at new office space. It is kind of fun. Yesterday we viewed a few sites and fell in love with one. It is ready to go tomorrow if we really wanted and while SS and I do want, there is a bit more to it than that. Start with the $$. It is a significant amount more then we are currently paying. It is also considerably more space. Everyone would have an outside window and there is even a small deck for enjoying lunch outside if one chooses. Fingers crossed.

Other than trying new routes to work...gotta keep the old brain stimulated in the morning there isn't much new and exciting going on. Counting down the minutes until I break free tomorrow afternoon for another weekend of camping.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

Office temperatures is a hard thing to regulate office temperature for everyone. I think your office person needs to get some medication for the hot flashes or else she dresses in layers so she can add on or take off when the need arises.

Those outdoor temperatures sound heavenly - of course our Saturday last week was that warm so I shouldn't complain. Out evenings - nights are getting quite cold now and I have to agree with you - the shorter evenings and slow day light in the mornings is not so enjoyable.

Have fun on the camp site.

Edith