Monday, September 14, 2009

Booked my campsite for this coming weekend. With temperatures expected to hover around 20 degrees I figured another weekend of camping wouldn't hurt...and it will be SOOOO much fun. I also went and purchased a new sleeping bag. I'm super excited about the new sleeping bag, it is rated for -12. Yep, -12. I was looking for -18 but settled for this one. It was significantly cheaper and at 25% off an even better deal. If/when I do get to go camping in the winter I will have purchased a better tent and sleeping pad so that the combined ratings will keep me snugly and warm.

I'm headed back to the KOA campground in Hinton. It had a fabulous view of the mountains and was nice and clean. It also lets me book ahead of time and guarantees my spot. In fact, I asked for the same spot as last time. The location was good. Close to the kitchen, just far enough away from the washrooms/showers that I am not bothered by the slamming of doors all night and no ugly yellow lights around to keep me awake.

I'm planning my menu and looking forward to the weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

You are hooked on camping. You are going to spend your winter checking out possible camp sites for next summer. You are going to have so much fun doing that! I think it the weather holds that you should consider the Thanksgiving Weekend as another possible camp weekend. Can you cook turkey on the barbecue spit?

Edith