Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Ok, my campaign for votes didn't work. Oh well. It was fun. And really...what would I do with all that MEC money buy myself all kinds of amazing camping equipment. Why have a real sleeping pad when a yoga mat will do? LOL

Now...Drumheller. For tonight...since it is half late and I am exhausted I will tell you about one small portion of the trip and by far the most amazing. My helicopter ride.

Yep, helicopter. I know lots of folks have been in them. I hadn't but had always wanted to. On my drive Friday evening I saw a sign just outside of Drumheller for helicopter tours of Horseshoe Canyon. I had to try it. Saturday afternoon after all my other sites had been visited I drove out to the helicopter.

They will only take a min of 2-3 people at a time. It doesn't pay them for just one person. My options were wait for someone else to come along or pay double. I paid double. Maybe not the most fiscally responsible decision of the weekend it was certainly one of the most fun. As they went over the safety procedures I asked about taking photos. The nice young man at the counter said that if I was really interested and since I was the only passenger I had the option of having the door removed. It would allow me to take better photos. I was game!

Here's the visuals from my short but exciting ride! Talk about wind through your hair...

The nice young man taking the door off for my ride.


The photo op. Not sure why I had to stand on this side of chopper instead of side I would be sitting on...oh well.

View from above....see the little people.
And this is why I fell in love with Drumheller and would consider moving there. The views are amazing. The kind of views from the air or the ground that one would never get sick of.






Isn't that fabulous.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

I can't believe you took the door off your side so you could see better! Wow you are brave.

The pictures were incredible and I'm glad you went for the ride. Perhaps no one would have showed up if you waited for the 2 - 3 people for the ride.

Sounds like your weekend camping trip was a huge success.

Edith

Anonymous said...

Jennifer,

How cool was that!! Wonderful photos with great scenery! Not sure if I'd go for the door removal, but kudos to you for doing it. Glad the whole adventure worked out!!

Lori B.

Unknown said...

I love Drumheller also - got to hike in that canyon last summer. Excellent. The rattlesnakes scared me silly, but otherwise ... loved it!

Binky said...

Awesome, beyond compare. Cool.