Sunday, September 13, 2009

The one problem with blogging is that as I add things over the weekend they post over top of the previous posts and unless you are like my mother and read the magazine from back to front you will ready from last to first. No difference...the Drumheller news does not require any sort of order. That was just an interesting point of reference for you...

Drumheller continued....


I found these old buildings at the top of the hill from the ferry. I made a quick u-turn and had to take a few pictures...I'm only posting a couple...but I have a great idea for a collage. You know those frames where there are spots for a ton of pictures. One could be the main shot of the buildings and then the individual images would be the close ups and certain parts of each building. Not that I have the wall space for it...but it is what I think would look nice.


These signs marked the second hike I went on...very informative...now you can learn about the badlands.





And the next part of my day was the helicopter ride...as previously posted.

Here's a few weeds that were growing along the side of the road.




This is the view going into Drumheller...the photo is certainly not the best, but it was taken through a very dirty window while driving at about 80km/hr.



And a few pics from my fire...nothing like a good fire to warm the soul....and your toes.



And finally...Sunday. Drove down the road to see the hoodoos...after I had a terrific breakfast at a little road side dinner. The food was good and the company was interesting. The diner had about 8 stools around a counter. I took an empty stool and listened to the locals chat over their morning coffee. I think I may have been sitting on someones stool but it was never mentioned. It was the kind of place where a new visitor is noticed and commented on only after the person leaves the room.





Not as amazing as the hoodoos of my mind from Writing on Stone but still very nice. Definitely well worth the trip.



And a final dinosaur from Drumheller...the end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennier:

Only you would think to show us the weeds on the side of the road, the toasting marshmellow, and the rustic old buildings.

I loved it!

Edith