Saturday, September 12, 2009

The continuation of the camping trip in Drumheller.

Saturday morning I headed out in search of fossils and dinosaurs. First stop was at a suspension bridge. Interesting, nice view.





I headed off to the Royal Tyrell Museum and signed up for a hike. It was a guided hike where they would point out what to look for if one was inclined to look for fossils. It was interesting but definitely geared toward the younger members of the group. I wandered around the museum for a couple of hours and then decided on a short drive. Here's some pics from the hike.

Strictly a BYOD hike. Bring Your Own Dinosaur.
The group and our fearful leader. Fearful cause she jumped and screamed when she realized she had almost stepped on a garter snake.

I think I would agree with this statement.

Fossilized remains of a pinecone.

And off we go...


Guide pointing out the dinosaur remains to us.
Picture of what you should be able to see in the picture above.

Tiny church made into a tourist attraction.

There was a couple here when I arrived. She had just taken a picture of him in front of church and he was about to take one of her. I offered to take one of them together and they said Great. Then they walked away and didn't offer to take my picture. Funny.

Close call between my knees and the back of the next pew.



Is it any wonder I fell in love with Drumheller with views like this all around town.



Almost at the end of the day. Ferry crossing. Not quite the same as in PEI...but still a bit of fun.




Found this cutie when I was in downtown Drumheller looking for a place to eat. He was over seeing some construction just up the street.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

The story and the pictures of your trip to Drumheller are remarkable.

Thanks for sharing.

I'd have done more than "jump" and be fearful if I nearly stepped on that snake!

Edith