Saturday, October 3, 2009

My week is over. Yeah! Granted it flew by and I am grateful for that. I finally got myself to a Dr after work yesterday to see about the dizzy spells. Official diagnosis--vertigo. No particular reason for it and no idea when it will leave. The lovely Dr gave me meds, suggested physio and showed me some exercises to help with the dizziness.

I was surprised with how easy it was to see someone last night. I called my family Dr in the morning and he is out of town until the 19th, not able to wait that long the nursse suggested I head to a Medi-Centre. Basically a walk in clinic. I called in the morning--huge line up she said. Fine, I decided to wait until after work and spend my evening waiting to see someone. I left the office at 6:06pm. By 6:36pm I was back in the truck driving to the store to have my prescription filled. Unbelievable. I walked in and there was no one in the waiting room. The nice nurse signed me in and then I went directly into the office for my appointment. Fastest Dr appointment I have ever had.

Last night I recalled having vertigo before. I was in Boston with my ex (he wasn't an ex then) and I found myself sleeping on the floor because I was afraid I would fall off the bed. I don't remember how long it lasted though. Oh well....it is well under control.

Man have I had a lot of medical issues this year. Oh well....mind and body do not always agree with each other.

While I am feeling better today I have opted to not go far...couch...kitchen...couch...washroom and that should be about it. Let's not take any chances. It's the weekend...so I have no official things to do so a day on the couch watching tv and reading isn't so bad.

Life overall is good. I've made a couple changes/additions to my life that I am happy with and think will make me happier down the road. And I think I have a guest coming for Thanksgiving weekend. That will be nice. We will eat lots of turkey, hit the Indian restaurant down the road and maybe she will help me with my search for a table/desk. What's new with you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer;

I hope the vertigo is finally subsiding, never had it but know some folks who did, doesn't sound like much fun. I will stick to my cold I'm currently nursing, easier to handle. Interesting that the Dr. suggested physio, I never heard of that for vertigo before, keep us informed on how that goes, or what physio and/or exercises they want you to do. How long will you have to be off work, or is that up to how you feel?

Doesn't sound like Boston was much of trip if you ended up sleeping on the floor ... no wonder he's an ex!! Hopefully he was gentleman enough to ensure you were comfy and possibly even slept on the floor too!

Glad to hear you may have some company to share turkey with next weekend. Something I'm sure you will enjoy, as well as the shopping companion! Hope it's a great weekend for you.

I was in Ottawa last week, hubby on business, me on mall detail! I have a friend there who is a nurse and currently off work as she just learned she had MS so we visited a few malls and both of us very successful! Cold wet weather wasn't pleasant, so unfortunately didn't get to do the market. Maybe next time!

Take care ... Lori B.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

Never had vertigo but I'm glad you could be diagnosed so quickly. Wonders never cease in terms of you being seen so quickly. I'm surprised you were driving while so dizzy though. Bet you never thought you shouldn't be driving????

Sometimes you just have to lay low with these things and let your body heal by itself. Physio for vertigo sounds really different though.

Edith