Sunday, September 27, 2009

The weekend was pretty quiet. Laundry, dishes and some cleaning of the house. Yep...WILD WOMAN!

I headed to the laundromat again Saturday morning with a movie (and my clothes) and a snack. If you haven't seen the movie Slumdog Millionaire I highly recommend it. I watched it in theatre when it came out and rented this weekend...soooooo good. I'm sure you have all seen one episode of Who Wants to be a Millionaire? well, this show has ties around it. But the Indian version not the US. Trust me well worth a watching.

Sunday evening I went on another forced march of my neighbourhood. I say forced cause I forced myself to get off the couch and outside. I was feeling a bit icky all day so it was a chore to get outside and active. In the end well worth it. No pictures, but I found a new middle east grocery store to check out sometime this week or next. You know me, I love a new grocery store. LOL.

This week should prove to be quiet. My only plans are to buy a new table/desk in the next couple of weeks. I have my sights on one from Ikea but you never know. I may take a look around this week and see what some of the other stores have to offer. Then to figure out if I should re-arrange my living room to accommodate it. Yep...good times.

BTW, the new pic at the top is the controversial elephant making news in Alberta lately. The Calgary Zoo has this wonderful carving outside the elephant exhibit. Some religious groups have issues with this religious symbol being displayed in a publicly funding space. I think that sucks. It is an elephant sculpture and yes, for some it would have religious meaning, for others it would just be a really nice sculpture to look at. Why can't we all just get along?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

I thought the elephant looked like a character from a Disney movie. But everything good seems to have its equal in bad. No - everyone will never agree. They will disagree just to be disagreeable.

I know you enjy the hunt so the table purchase will be great fun for you. Don't end the hunt prematurely - check them all out.

Edith