Sunday, December 14, 2008

You know by now that I am a sucker for punishment...so this afternoon I went for a walk. It was -27, -36 with the windchill. I of course wore my parka. And was snuggly and warm...almost too warm at times as I found myself sweating inside the coat. I had a great little walk and then treated myself to lunch.

And then following in family tradition of putting up the lights for Christmas during this chilly night. I went outside on my deck wearing slippers, t-shirt and pajama pants strung up my lights. It is one small string but hopefully this time tomorrow night I will get to see the fruits of my efforts. My outdoor set of lights are solar and will need to charge up tomorrow. Fingers crossed. Yeah...I know, only I would put up lights outside in -30 temps. It was only a couple minutes...didn't hurt me.

Speaking of lights. One of my sets of lights is burnt out...well, only half the set. I haven't the heart to take it off the tree and see what is wrong...too much work. So I will live with it and see what can be done after the holidays. Maybe it is a lose bulb...but I thought all light sets still worked even if one bulb is out. Hmmm.

My shopping is done. The presents have all been wrapped and with the exception of one gift that needs to be mailed...the rest have all been sent. So I am done. Now I just need to sit back and wait for Santa.

I wrote him tonight via the Canada Post website. Hopefully he gets back to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer: Only you would go for a walk in those temps but you were so prepared for it with you northern clothing. Good to know that it is still so useful for you.

My sister put up the solar lights at her house. They work great if there has been enough sun that day to charge them.

Bummer about the set of lights on the tree not working.

I hope Ho Ho HO had a nice time reading your letter and that he brings you everything you asked for!

Edith

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are all ready for Santa! I had a productive weekend preparing for him which feels like a great weight lifted! Now, just need to get some wrapping done - but unlike you I don't have to mail the gifts.

You will have to post some pics of your solar lights, I don't think I've every seen them, I actually I don't believe I've heard of them before!

Glad to hear the truck doesn't mind the cold - he/she probably feels right at home after being up North.

Take care ... Lori B.