Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Happy Birthday to me. Happy Birthday to me.

Yep...today was the big day. The lovely folks at work brought in a cheesecake and took me out for lunch. Which was great.

A friend from Pang who had sent a just because gift a while ago managed to get it arrive on my b'day. Which was great...gave me a pressie to open. We've had some issues getting a package from PEI. The good news is that I received the notice today and can pick it up tomorrow. So it will be like having two birthdays.

I finally managed to get my truck registered...and get myself an Alberta license. Yeah me! It took 45 minutes today to complete the procedure and the guy goes...that's good until May 09. I made him stop the bus cause I couldn't believe I went through all this work only to have to come back in May...nope, un ugh. Can't be. Oh, do you want May '10 then? Ah, yeah. Good grief, why would I want to visit these people every 6 months? The license is good for 5 years. The pic is crap. There is a part of my hair standing on end and I have an annoyed look on my face. I said I didn't care...just finish it. So I have a piece of paper in my wallet that says I can drive and in 14 days I should get the actual license by mail. Hmmm. But...it is done.

Now I just need to get my Alberta health care card.

Got the truck stuff done, managed to treat myself to eye lash extensions and a hair cut all within 2.5 hours of walking out the door of work. I think that is a new record. Now I am sitting in my living room dying my hair black purple...trust me...it is a great colour. Brings out my blue eyes. All in all a good day.

There will be lots of OT the next few weeks. Which is great cause that will keep me busy until after New Years...and away from my apartment and the tv. Man, having a ton of cable channels is addictive...and I can order a movie like you do at a hotel. I haven't yet, but it is tempting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

Happy Birthday to you - Happy Birthday to you!!

Wow, what an ordeal to get the truck registered and inspected.

Thankfully that is done and I hope that you won't have the same trials over the health card!

Edith

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, a bit late and your card will be along later yet. Love the Christmas of course!!! Especially the sparkly ornaments. Really elegant. Hope your Health Card won't be as annoying an issue.
Auntie F