Saturday, December 13, 2008

It's the little red truck that could. Edmonton is having Nunavut like temperatures. Today the temperatures have been hovering around -28 with a wind chill of around -40. I didn't plug my truck in last night, mostly because I didn't think the weather folks would come through and partly I wanted to see how the truck would do. The truck stood the test well. I put the key and voila lift off. My truck can handle it.

I actually dressed for the weather. Most folks that I saw around town did not. I saw a man waiting at the corner to cross the street no hat, no mitts/gloves and a leather jacket. People, people, people. In the winter we dress for winter. No one should be out for even a small amount of time when the temp says -40 without mitts/hat.

I had my laundromat experience today. It was all right. And I may repeat it soon. They have giant sized washers and big dryers. I was in and out in just over an hour. I'm going to take my comforters and pillows next time...no problem for these huge machines and cheaper than dry cleaning. I brought my laptop and a movie and had a wonderful time. Well, you know.

My Christmas prezzies arrives today. I got to open one of them. Joyce's cookies that my dad made for me. YUMMY! I still have no idea who Joyce is, but I love her cookies. The rest of the gifts are under the tree and while it is tempting to shake and or open them, I will wait. Sigh.

I am going to try and avoid stores for the next couple weeks, the crowds in the parking lots seem to grow each day. Isn't it funny how Christmas seems to sneak up on some folks every year? I prefer to do my shopping earlier and spreed the spending overtime instead of trying to do it all in the last couple of weeks.

The sky tonight was beautiful. Northern lights would have set it off nicely, but I know I am in Edmonton and that isn't going to happen often. But a night like tonight up North would certainly have had lights dancing across the sky.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

There is still a lot of "kid" in all of us so to be excited about your presents makes me excited for you!

I'm not keen on that cold weather though. I don't want that.

So glad to hear the laundromat experience was so positive and something worth repeating.

Edith