Sunday, December 21, 2008

I've been doing some thinking...and I realized that I haven't been doing any 'stuff'. I haven't been exploring. I was using excuses like I'm tired, the crowds will be nuts, etc and decided I need to stop with the excuses and just get out there and do it. I tried to take advantage of all the things going on up North...why shouldn't I do that in Edmonton?

I tackled the West Edmonton Mall on the Saturday before Christmas and lived to tell about it! I even managed to come home with some nice new boots, a pair of shoes and some great smelling body wash. All in all a success.

But something that I have been thinking of doing since I first started work is what I tackled today-Sunday. I headed out to the Telus Science Centre. I'd seen the ads for the Grand Canyon Imax and a new exhibit "The Art of the Brick" and finally I can say I've been. I must admit the brick exhibit had me a bit confused. I thought it was literally the history of bricks, how they are made, and how they are used around the world. It wasn't. Ok, maybe not thrilling to most, but I would have enjoyed it.

Instead, I saw an exhibit of wonderful works of art made out of Lego. Yes, I am a fan of Lego...so I wasn't totally disappointed. The Grand Canyon movie was interesting, but I think I would have liked the one on Ancient Egypt better...next time.

The science centre is really more for kids than say,someone in their mid-30's, but I had fun anyway. Here's some photos from today.

This one is for my mom. She likes giraffes. It's made out of lego.


A lego person making themselves...or making bigger biceps!


The front of the Telus Science Center.


Excellent question. What did happen here? This sign is inside one of the exhibits. It's kind of a CSI type exhibit. You solve the crime and they give you clues and discuss the science of who done it.


At the entrance to the body exhibit.


Yep, lavalamps. I can't remember what sciencey thing they were for...


Shocking!


I'm walking on the moon! Just wish the guy that took the photo had of told me my shoulder was showing.


There is an exhibit where you can be on tv. They have a 'green' screen and it works just like the weather reports on tv. I was trying to get a pic of myself doing the weather...hard to make out, but that's me in the bottom tv.


Christmas tree at the science center, very nice and very tall.


Me hanging out with my new Lego buddies.

No comments: