Friday, December 5, 2008

My morning tea.--Also known as one of my other addictions.

I am getting up at 6am now. I go into the kitchen put the water on to boil. While I am waiting for it to boil I turn on the tv and computer and get the teapot ready. I use loose tea and have a lovely iron pot that I make it in. I like my tea strong. It is called Lapsung Chouchong. It is a smokey tea. Someone said one day it smelled like moose hide. I think it just smells great. When the water boils I add it to the pot, put the lid on and then head off to the shower. When I’m dressed I head back to the kitchen, throw my bagel in the toaster and take the teapot into the living room. I bring the bagel in when it is done. Then I pour a cup of tea. It always spills out cause I always fill it too full. I then eat the bagel while the tea cools. Then I drink two large delicious cups of tea while I surf the internet and watch the morning news. Then I get up brush my teeth and head to work. Where I begin drinking my other addiction…the Diet Pepsi.

I would drink the tea at work, but apparently the smell is offensive to others in the office and I’m not allowed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't take the tea to work because of the smell? Jeez...Here we have to close the door if someone makes popcorn in the microwave, one person cannot stand the smell of it. Boo hoo hoo.. As for sodas, I have about 6 a day :) Yep, that's addiction to the diet sodas!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer: I loved the pictures and doesn't it seem more like Christmas to be surrounded by our decorations. I do like the silver and black decorations - I wondered about them until you showed the close up picture. Then I was sold. The dove is beautiful.

I like hearing about people's daily rituals so thanks for sharing yours. You must live in a much more highly sensitive smell work area than we do. The smells we are suppose to be careful about are the perfume smells and not the tea. Most interesting.

Edith