Sunday, December 7, 2008

It kinda looks like it might be Christmas time in my apartment.

The Charlie Brown tree. Not really...more like the mix and match tree. Tin ornaments from Mexico, grass ornaments from Labrador, a couple of things from London, England, a few things my neice and nephew made last Christmas and a few glass balls that I have no idea of origin.


The new slick and sleek tree. I found these wonderful black and silver ornaments the Christmas before I moved up North. I bought them and then put them into storage. Three Christmas' later I get to use them. I needed a few more to be able to do a whole tree, but finally...here it is. I would like a few more ornaments. I want it to look like one of those store trees where they almost have too many...but it still looks amazing. The side of the tree you see in the photos looks fine...but the other side is a bit bare.


Silver Dove tree topper. I like it, but am having issues getting it on straight. Of course the whole tree is crooked...but you know it is still standing.


Up close and personal. See the ornament with the silver sparkles on it, I have a table cloth with the same pattern that I purchased in India this year. I have no table so it isn't on display...but trust me, it is nice.


The living room is slowly coming together. Yes, my tv is sitting on a chair. The tv stand I wanted was out of stock at Ikea and I don't want to hang the print until I know how high the tv will be. But the shelf is basically finished...the exception being the top portion that I am still debating over.



Nothing to report this weekend. I hardly left the house. It was great. While I am starting to get sleepy, I do feel rested and ready to take on the week. We have a new employee starting tomorrow and I'm hoping that she will help tip the balance of enjoyable vs non-enjoyable staff. She seems very friendly and easy to get along with...so I have my fingers crossed that tomorrow goes well.

Oh, and here's a couple of sunrise picks taken from my deck last weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice tree! Also like the color of the hardwood floors.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer,

Love the black and silver, very elegant! You could always use the matching table cloth on the back of a couch, or folded up on top of your bookcase - sort of cascading off one end of the shelf. Your little tree is sweet too!

You and I definitely couldn't share too much tea, I like mine "clear" not strong, I like to see the bottom of my mug! Doesn't sound like you'd enjoy my tea at all.

I hope by the time you read this, you have a new friend at work, hope that works out for you.

Take care ... Lori B.

Anonymous said...

Your place looks great!!

Binky