Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I'm off to find some Canada Day celebrations tomorrow...no doubt I will find something to enjoy. I hope to get to some fireworks and hopefully capture a photo or two of the lights. (Fingers crossed)

The plan for this weekend has changed and while you were not in on the original plans which were to hang out in Edmonton you will be happy to hear the new agenda. I'm going camping. Surprise, surprise! Well, maybe not really a big surprise but it is true.

I made the reservations tonight. Two nights at a campground just outside of Waterton Lakes National Park and two nights at Writing on Stone Park. Oh the things I will see and do this weekend--you should be jealous.

The kitchen is currently in a state of chaos as I prepare for the weekend excursion. The dishes that did not get washed after the last trip are finally in the sink soaking. Now, don't get all yuck on me I wash them when I'm out camping but I usually do give them a more hearty clean at home in the sink between trips. The amount of food required for this trip is greater than some of my previous trips and I know that the freezing abilities of my cooler bags is not going to last the length of the trip so I see a trip to the grocery store before I return to Edmonton.

I hate to overpack on everything--food, clothes, other essentials and so I am doing the night before the day before the trip pre-packing. The food, utensils and other related cooking type things all go into an action packer. If they don't fit in the action packer--they don't come on the trip. Seriously. I have some of the food items in the freezer and am planning on some additional water freezing tomorrow. I know that once water is frozen it is frozen but for some reason in my mind the longer I leave it in the freezer the longer it will stay frozen outside of the freezer. No, please do not try and put reason into my logic. I beg you not to burst my bubble. Ignorance is bliss.

This could be the last road trip for a while....LOL. Yeah right, who am I kidding. The next road trip is scheduled for the weekend of the 23rd ish.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

I'm so happy you enjoy camping so much and that you are looking forward to the trip this weekend. You certainly are really good at the preparation and know what you need to take with you.

It is a great way for you to see and enjoy the country-side.

Happy Canada Day!

Edith

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

Hope your Canada Day and your camping excursions went well. No doubt you had the packing of food and other stuff down to a sciend, and without excess, as you mentioned you don't like to "overstock"! Is the trip on the 23rd a 4 night one as well? If so, you will know if you need to top up your load, or lighten it.

Now that you're back home, you can get all organized again. You seem to be in and out a lot - hmmm - something to be said about being unemployed - providing, of course, that there is a slush fund to cover bills and entertainment!!

We had lovely fireworks here, watched from my sister's boat down at the yacht club. We also took in the concert Sat evening, Bachman & Turner (part of the original BTO - you might be too young for them) and Great Big Sea. Was a perfect night for both events, just wish there were chairs at the concert - old backs ache after standing too long!!

Looking forward to some pics of the camping trips.

Lori B.