Monday, June 7, 2010

Obsessed.

Yes, I think I am obsessed with old tv. I seem to spend most of my tv watching time on the 'classics'. Fantasy Island, Hart to Hart, Golden Girls, Cosby Show (the early episodes), Who's the Boss, Facts of Life, Three's Company. Love them all. Oh, and Maude. I had never seen it before and really enjoy it. Maude has two of the actresses from the Golden Girls before they were golden. I'd guess 40's, not 50/60's.

I guess summer is a good time to enjoy the classics since there are no new shows on but I wonder if I will be tempted to switch over to the new shows in the fall. Time will tell.

I have seen the odd episode of a few new shows and one I am going to try and catch up on this summer is 'The Good Wife' and 'Lost'. Lost is officially over but I am still a couple years behind. Yep, I'm always behind the times.

We have had a run of nice weather here in Edmonton and I have taken advantage of it. I managed a picnic at the U of A campus the other day. I wandered around the campus, read, and enjoyed my picnic. I spent most of the day outside enjoying the temperatures. (It is now Monday...) On Sunday I had another walk/read/enjoy the sun session. Today the rain has kept me inside...and it looks like rain for the entire week. Sigh.

In other news, my battle with the gov't over my 2008 taxes may be coming to an end. You may recall that they had issue with my moving expenses and my Northern deducations. The Northern deductions arguement was settled just after Christmas 2009 and it would appear that they finally get why my ticket went from Iqaluit to Charlottetown and not directly to Calgary. The whole explaination of why my 'stuff' was in storage, proof of storage, etc was involved. I don't have the official documents yet but according to the website it has been re-assessed for the 4th time. Yep, 4th time. It seems to be a 0 in 0 out situation which was exactly what I was looking for.

So it was a good news, bad news kind of day. The good news was the tax situation. The bad news is that the truck needs $800 of work. I need a new water pump put in. Yikes. I was not really expecting that--who ever is? It needs to be done and thankfully this is the first real amount of work that has been done to the truck. And let's be grateful that it happened while I was bumming around Edmonton and NOT when I was crossing the Rockies a few weeks ago.

I may go camping this weekend coming...I hope to decide tomorrow, but you know...if I go I go. The weather is looking good for Friday but this is only Monday and things can and do change in the weather on a regular basis.

The final piece of furniture arrived on Friday--the shelf. I think I mentioned before that it had to be taken apart to fit up the stairs. It took the mover and I a full week to get our schedules synced. So the unpacking is almost finished. Of course I didn't do any unpacking or re-arranging on the weekend due to sunshine. I knew not to waste that big yellow orb in the sky. My skin has started to take on a colour that it hasn't seen since our trip to India and looks so very nice. With any luck (and yes, a lot of sun screen) I will turn a nice shade of light brown by the end of summer. Ah, summer. Do you realize that it has been 4 summers since I have spent the whole summer in Southern Canada? Yep, 2006 I was in Nunavut, minus a trip to PEI in August. 2007 I was in Nunavut the whole summer. 2008 I was in Nunavut until the end of July and again in 2009. I'm excited just thinking about it.

I hope to be a better blogger in the next week I've been writing lots of entries in my red books but haven't taken the time to transcribe them into a readable format online. You are such a great bunch of readers that I know I am forgiven.

Happy Monday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

SO great to read happy thoughts from you. I'm sure you were glad to get that shelf set up and the "filling" of it will be a delight as you select what goes where. Please share some sun with us. We are having way too much rain and heavy rain. The fields were huge puddles after Sunday's 2 heavy showers and there was damage due to run off in potato fields and other crops that are barely up out of the ground.

Public Service Week is next week with Long Term Service ceremony for 20 years tomorrow and the rest next week. Yes, busy times here.

Sorry to hear that the truck has called for attention when you don't have a job. Vehicles are like animals, they'll cost you when you least expect it.

Blog all you can - we'll be watching for the updates.

Edith