Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I have turned the volume on my tv up twice in the past half hour. The thunder keeps getting louder and is drowning out the show I am watching. This is the third or possibly fourth night in a row we have had a thunder and lightening storm. The days are hot and sunny, the evenings are loud and rainy. Not bad actually, but very noisy tonight.

I tried to get pictures of the lightening the other night but it doesn't come with enough consistency for me to photograph it and I spent about 15 minutes just taking picture after picture. I may try later tonight again when the sky is black but for now I am content to sit and listen to the rain pelt down around me.

The tv is now off and I'm sitting enjoying a book. I love the public library.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

Sounds like you enjoy a good storm as I do. Many people are not very brave about bad thunder storms. My aunt use to go through the house with the Holy Water. But night after night of storms is a bit much and in a really bad one I would probably turn the tv off in case of a near strike that could give a power surge and damage the tv. So your book idea was a nice alternative.

It is so nice to have blog reports where you are relaxing, enjoying yourself and nature. You are off that tread mill of life where you were just spinning your wheels.

But I do hope the right job offer does come soon for you.

Edith