Thursday, June 17, 2010

I'm off in the morning for Calgary--Friday. I even know what day it is this week, though I do find myself checking the calendar a few times a day to make sure. I am attending a wedding Saturday evening and hoping to catch up with a friend (or two) from my trip to India. Should be fun.

I am also hoping to attend an exhibit at the Telus Science Centre in Calgary...Body Works. If you haven't heard of it check out the link that I am going to post...but I warn you if biology was not your thing in school you may find this exhibit a little too graphic. You have been warned...

http://www.calgaryscience.ca/exhibits/exhibits/bodyworlds/

I know it is not for everyone but I have always been fascinated by how the body looks inside and how we are put together. Having lunch with the nurses when they talked shop never bothered me, I wanted to know more. :)

My favorite pink shirt has suddenly developed three tiny holes across the back. It seems odd that all three would suddenly appear at the same time and my theory is that the mosquitos in Cold Lake in their attempt to suck out my blood created the holes. Its a theory anyway. Maybe not a good one but I'm working on it.

A friend from PEI invited me to join an amateur photography group on Facebook. So I did. I don't join many groups on FB but this one seemed fun enough. Each week they pick a theme and people post pictures and then the other members vote on them and provide some constructive criticism. I posted a picture this week and the votes are quite favorable. There are no prizes but it is fun none the less.

Here is the picture I posted:



Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

You were a perfect choice to join the face book photo group. Good for you!

The trip to Calgary sounds great. You will enjoy the wedding, the friends, and the exhibit.

Glad to hear you are doing things "for Jennifer" and enjoying yourself

Edith

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

Hope the wedding was great and the party even better! Always great to catch up with friends. Wouldn't surprise me to hear you have your next habitat trip in the works when you get back!

Body works would be very interesting - did you get there?

We had a weekend with all sorts of weather, Saturday being almost perfect, a bit of a wind but appreciated when it's hot. Today started great, but we also had thunder lightening and lots of rain! I even saw fireflies tonight, which I don't see often here, they are pretty neat, catch you by surprise when you first see them, I tend to wonder if I'm seeing thngs at first!!

Have a great week ... Lori B.