Sunday, June 20, 2010



I'm back. The wedding was wonderful. Very simple but very elegant. And a very comfortable casual atmosphere by all...even the bride to be who got a spot on her white dress prior to the ceremony and shrugged and said 'it's white. I didn't expect to keep it clean." A tide to go pen was found and the dress was cleaned before the ceremony started but I loved her realistic attitude towards the whole thing.

It was an honor to have been invited and to be one of the people involved. Thanks Keith. And congrats to you and Elaine. They leave on Tuesday for thier honeymoon in Europe...yep, jealous about that trip!

No major plans yet for this week. Am trying to arrange a camping trip mid-week but no details as of yet.

Body Works was great too. Highly recommend it if you are ever in a city that is hosting the exhibit. I paid the extra $5 for the hand held audio files well worth the money. It provides further clarificaiton of the exhibits.

Had brunch today (Sunday) with my friend D. It is always great to see friends...and the waffles certainly didn't hurt.


Here comes the bride...


These flowers were found freshly watered in Olympic Park in downtown Calgary. VERY beautiful!


I have no idea why Alberta is obsessed with gophers, I know they are everywhere but...pink ones? With the exception of the pink gophers the rest are from the Gopher Museum in Torrington, Alberta. Well worth the $2 admission.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning Jennifer,

Good to hear the wedding was great and that you had fun. Nice that the bride has a sensible head on her shoulders and didn't get upset over a spot, which was removed anyway! Those Tide pens are great, they work like magic on most materials.

You are becoming a professional camper! Nice to check out things when you have the time, and camping is a convenient way to do that. Not for me though, I like toilets that flush and no chance of any animals around!! The great outdoors is a beautiful place, but pictures work very well for me to see it, or from a vehicle, as I'm not an outdoors gal at all.

Cheers ... Lori B.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

It was a happy surprise to get an email from you so soon. I figured you would just be getting home. So glad the wedding went so well and ended up being "spotless". Calm heads on a wedding day reduces everyone's stress.

The tulips were beautiful. I was surprised they were still in bloom as the ones here are long gone. The gofers were cute but best there then in one's back yard.

Enjoy the "choosing" of the next camping trip.

Edith