Tuesday, June 15, 2010

And the answer is....Cold Lake.

I knew a couple of people would know based on the airplane reference. :)

The wedding of a long time friend is this weekend. I'm looking forward to going and feel very honored to have been invited. This person has been in and out of my life since I was in Grade 9, which, considering that next year is my 20 year high school reunion, (Can that be right?), is a long time.

I am looking forward to the event and found the perfect wedding gift.



Not quite the gift you were expecting is it?

Yes, it is for mounting the antlers of an animal...no it isn't really meant as a serious gift. I'm giving cash for their European honeymoon but wanted to 'present' them with something as well. It is totally meant as a gag gift--something to regift and pass along at the next gag event one of them attends.

For those of you who have antlers hanging in your home I mean no offense. I have said before that I have no issues with hunting. I will help chop up the meat and will greedily gobble it down, I just don't want to pull the trigger. I must say though I don't understand the desire to have an animal head on my wall...but it just wouldn't go with my couch cushions.

Finally managed to get the family photos printed that I wanted to have done for Mother's Day...technical difficulties. I sent them in for printing and unfortunately when I picked up the prints the heads were all stretched. They looked terrible. That was the day before I was to head off for Vancouver and so things didn't get done. Then with the move and chaos that has been my life I still didn't get it done. I found the zip stick I needed last week just before heading out to Cold Lake and finally today managed to relocate it and the pictures and voila! prints. My apologies to my mother, grandmother and sister...Happy Belated Mother's Day. Hopefully for the next round of celebrations I will have my head a bit more together and will actually get things done on time and mailed in advance. Maybe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

The up side of the Mother's Day pictures is that you have them now and all is not lost.

Cold Lake I would never have guessed but Lori did.

Have a great time at the wedding.

Edith