Tuesday, June 8, 2010

And so another day comes to a close. Hope you had a good one. I finally did a bit more re-arranging in my bedroom. Wow, is my apartment small. I bought myself a lovely head board and two new dressers and a new bed last month. They were delivered to the new place and I managed to get the dressers in place at the end of the first week. When you walk in the room the area seemed to lengthen due to the furniture placement...or so the landlord said. I had to agree. I had moved them all a number of times and was quite pleased with the final product. Now I'm not.

The headboard has been sitting in the bathroom in the box since its arrival. Today was the day to dig it out and put it in place. The door won't close. The headboard sticks out about 3 inches into the doorway. Hmmm. This will take some time to fix. And a lot of energy. I'm glad I haven't attached the headboard yet. It will be a lot easier to move the bed without the headboard attached to it. It's heavy and will require a second person to help me properly attach it to the frame. In the meantime it is resting in place held by the weight of the bed. It isn't going anywhere.

In other news...I love olives.

I have twice now purchased olives from Olive Me. It is this fabulous store here in Edmonton--only a few blocks from my aparment. And all they sell is olives. Yummy. Olives are still fairly new to my diet, maybe only in the past 2-3 years. I used to have Greek salads without the olives, now I ask for extra. The first olives purchased were green and stuffed with sundried tomatoes and feta cheese. Yummy. The latest ones are in a brine and have this amazing flavour that I can't seem to describe at the moment but are again YUMMY. She said they last 3+ weeks. I laughed and said not in my house. I'll be lucky if they last the week.

Oh, and there may be a camping trip this coming weekend...yep, I'm almost positive there will be. I just need to get my truck back and do some packing.

A huge yawn just erupted from me so I guess it is time to head into the teeny, tiny bedroom and get some sleep.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

Sounds like your new apartment is quite a bit smaller as I'm getting the vibe that things are very "tight" in it. I hope you are able to get your new bedroom furniture arranged so that you can enjoy it! Not nice if you have lovely new items and they are causing you grief! Hope big red isn't too costly to get fixed up and that you are able to go camping this weekend, with lots of sunshine ordered up for you of course. Did you ever get more of the bbq thingies you mentioned that were great for camping?

Olives, the only thing I like about an olive, is the color olive green. I have used them in recipes for anti pasta, etc., but don't enjoy just eating an olive, I know people that are olive crazy, which it sounds like you may be getting close to being! What a neat idea to have an "Olive Me" - I have never heard of them, must be new and I bet it's busy as there are a lot of olive lovers out there,and no doubt a bit healthier to pop in for an olive than to pop in for a doughnut!

Hope your camping excursion is fun, we will look forward to some pictures!

Cheers ... Lori B.

Anonymous said...

Jennifer: I'm being technically challenged with the latest look to the blog and finding where I click to write comments and getting that section clicked so I can write comments. Yesterday I kept getting Lori's comments but couldn't figure out how to write my own. Well, I figured it out today and here I am.

I'm glad you like olives and you can eat all my share of olives as I am not an olive fan. Sounds like the 'olive' store could quickly become a favorite to you.

Enjoy trying to figure out how to make the head board fit. I wish you luck on that one and look forward to the report on how you did.

I hope you have a great weekend camping!

Edith

Anonymous said...

Jennifer: I'm being technically challenged with the latest look to the blog and finding where I click to write comments and getting that section clicked so I can write comments. Yesterday I kept getting Lori's comments but couldn't figure out how to write my own. Well, I figured it out today and here I am.

I'm glad you like olives and you can eat all my share of olives as I am not an olive fan. Sounds like the 'olive' store could quickly become a favorite to you.

Enjoy trying to figure out how to make the head board fit. I wish you luck on that one and look forward to the report on how you did.

I hope you have a great weekend camping!

Edith