Friday, June 4, 2010

TGIF.

LOL. I barely even know it is Friday, thank goodness for the calendar on my computer that lets me know what day/time it is. (I just flipped over to make sure it was indeed Friday.) I am sitting on my deck enjoying the sunshine. Ah, sunshine. And I am enjoying wireless--that is truly a gift.

This is the second day this week I have been able to enjoy the heat and sunshine. I certainly hope there are more days like this.

A good friend/advisor suggested I try and maintain a schedule while off work. So I am trying. I try to get up at my regular time, but instead of 6am it is more around the 7am time which isn't too bad and if/when I start working again I am confident I could go back to the 6am start. I shower, have breakfast, drink my tea, etc. The usual am things I did when I was working, then I leave the house. One morning it was to go to the library, yesterday it was for a 'chat' about a job--not an interview. This morning it was to get some groceries. I allow myself to go back home around noonish have lunch and then work on something in the afternoon which lately has been just unpacking and organizing. This afternoon I am thinking a quick trip to the library followed by a hour or two on a bench reading. It's good to not stay in the house all day--every day.

I'm home at the moment though waiting for KD my mover to call. They couldn't get my shelf up the stairs and took it back to their shop to take it apart. We haven't been able to co-ordinate our schedules since last week so today should be the day I get it back. It is the final piece I need to finish unpacking. The last of the boxes should fill out the shelf and then it just remains for me to organize it all.

I am checking the want ads and thinking about where I might end up and what I might do 'next'. I feel as though I am going through a mid-life crisis or something but that can't be possible because the psychics all say I have a long life line and 72 isn't old.

I've written a few blog entries in my red book. I carry it with me everywhere. I jot things down as I think of them, write my 'tod do' list in them, that kind of thing. By the time I get back from my journey they don't seem very interesting or insightful so I don't type them in. Maybe it is just a form of therapy to write. Until 5 years ago I was never a diary person I think the blog has changed that.

If we get some rainy weather in the next few days I will tell you about my advenutres in walking.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

Glad to hear time isn't important - great to have a few days where we don't know what day or time it is, means we are involved in our own little world which is good for the heart and soul for a while, clears the head. Although it does sound like you have been busy if the shelf is the last thing needed to be organized! I've been in my house 15 years and still have boxes I've never looked at - could probably get rid of them, but hey, I might "need" it some day!! You are certainly keeping yourself busy with schedule as it is. Your friend had a great idea. Hope the "chat" about work turns into something positive for you. Sunshine on the deck sounds lovely, better than snow that you mentioned in your previous entry, and better than the rain here, although we do need it. If you've been out strolling you are hopefully getting to know your neighbourhood, hopefully in full bloom so you can get your camera out, if it's unpacked of course!!

Take care and positive thoughts headed your way for the job hunt.

Lori B.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer:

Well sounds like you are getting your home situation under control and with the book case installed you will be able to empty the last (I hope) of the boxes. I like your daily routine. Good for you. Now - job offers - please come rolling in. We want the "best" for our "best" person. I know you are relaxing and enjoying some "down time" but I also sense you are getting worried about the next job. So for your sake it happens soon.

Edith