Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Canada Day...July 1

Yes I know that was a week ago but I am a bit late in getting my pictures posted. I spent the day out and about wandering around the Old Strathcona area of Edmonton. First there was the Silly Parade and later in the evening I took in the fire works from down by the river in the valley.

Here's a few pics from the day...

Up, up and away. The cheerleaders did a few stunts on the road during the parade. That girl got some great height. The guy out front wasn't dressed for Bollywood like the rest of the float but he sure knew how to dance. Bollywood is an art form.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer:

So good to hear from you. The pictures of the fireworks were incredible. You'd never guess you took them at dark. The girl the cheerleaders threw in the air looks like she went so high no one would catch her on the way down as she would return to earth with a thud! I was scared for her.

The railroad picture brought Janet McGarry to mind. Her new CD which she just released, has pictures of railroads on it as that fits with the theme of the songs. She could have used this picture as it is a great one.

Edith

Anonymous said...

Great pics Jennifer, poppies are one of my favourites and you captured them perfectly!

Lori B.